A monthly bulletin of Ghana’s oil, gas and mining sector insights – January 2016
In this edition:
* Top stories in the month of January
* Personality of the Month
* Upcoming events
TOP STORIES IN THE MONTH OF JANUARY
▪ ACEP commends gov’t over AMERI deal ‘probe’ ▪ OMC Chamber threatens to sanction members over new energy levies ▪ Government faces GH¢800m loss on oil price fall ▪ Fuel issues to blame for continued dumsor – Mahama reveals. ▪ FPSO Mills Begins Ghana Sail Late Jan. ▪ Stronger CSOs needed to police Ghana’s oil and gas industry. ▪ VRA assures power supply will not reduce despite planned Atuabo shutdown. ▪ VRA buys 630,000 barrels of crude to power plants as Ghana Gas shuts down. Read more
PERSONALITY OF THE MONTH
Paul Kingsley Buah-Bassuah is the current Chairman of the Institutional Review and Ethics Board of University of Cape Coast and the Public Interest and Accountability Committee (PIAC) on the petroleum management in Ghana.
Professor Buah-Buassah is a full professor at the University of Cape Coast after obtaining a doctorate since 2008 in Laser and Optical Physics at the University of Firenze, Italy.
He has over 75 refereed papers and has attended 100 conferences in Africa, Europe and USA. He is a member of a number of international associations (ICO, OSA, SPIE, APS, IEEE, OWLS), Ghana Insitute of Physics and Ghana Science Association.
He helped established African LAMNETWORK in Dakar, Senegal and African Laser Centre, Pretoria , South Africa. He was an instructor at ICTP Winter Colleges in Optics and Fibre Optics in Trieste, Italy (1995-2000).
Aside academic achievements, he is also the Development Chief of Twifu Wamaso, Central Region and member of International Council of Optical Society of America. He is a fellow of Society of Optical Engineers (SPIE) in USA and Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (GAAS).
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1. 7th Ghana Summit-Oil, Gas & Power
20th April -21st April 2016, 8:30am @Accra International Conference Centre
2. 4th UMAT Biennial International Mining and Mineral Conference
3rd-6th August 2016, 8am @UMAT,Tarkwa
3. Launch of Information Portal- Reportingoilandgas
Reporting Oil and Gas project was launched on 4th June 2009atTakoradi, Western Region, Ghana by Penplusbytes (PPB – www.penplusbytes.org) with the vision of providing a one stop online information and knowledge about Ghana’s oil and gas sector
Reporting Oil and Gas project was launched on 4th June 2009 at Takoradi, Western Region, Ghana by Penplusbytes (www.penplusbytes.org) with the vision of providing a one stop online information and knowledge about Ghana’s oil and gas sector