CREDIT No: 4847-GH
Assignment title: Selection of Consultant to Prepare a Gas Sector Plan for Ghana
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
1) The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Oil and Gas Capacity Project (OGCBP). And intends to apply part of the proceeds for the above consulting services.
2) The primary objective of the assignment is to prepare a Gas Sector Master Plan (GSMP)and pricing policy options that can act as roadmaps for GOG and other stakeholders within the energy sector by:
A) Presenting gas supply and demand planning scenarios, assumptions and sensitivity factors;
b) Developing preliminary prioritization and planning information for needed gas infrastructure in the medium and long term, and
c)Developing a set of Gas allocation policy options to inform government decision making on the maximization of value added in the natural gas value chain
3. The Consultant will be expected to prepare the GSMP, for the time horizon up to the year 2030, by undertaking the following;
A. Review of medium to long term socio-economic development strategy with particular focus on the role of the energy sector ,especially within the context of the recent hydrocarbon partners discoveries;
B. Review of existing plans and documents including all work done by previous consultants retained by government and development partners;
C. Review new technologies and best practices in other nations in the commercialization of indigenous natural gas;
D. Undertake consultations with Ministry of Energy, Petroleum Agencies ,current and potential private investors in the oil, gas and power sectors, and other institutions;
E. Perform analysis in Gas demand
F. Undertake an analysis of potential for Gas Supply,
G. Perform analysis and Infrastructure Development,
4. The Oil and Gas Capacity Building Project of the Ministry of Energy now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants” )to indicate their interest I providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualification and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listed criteria are:
(i ) Core Business and Number of years in Business
(ii) Technical and Managerial Organization of the Firm
(iii) Description of Similar Assignments
(iv) Experience in similar conditions
(v) Availability of Appropriate skills among Staff
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants)by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011,(‘Consultant Guidelines’),setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest .
6. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selections (QCBS)method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 0900 to 1700 hours GMT on working days.
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by August 28,2012.
The Project Unit Oil and Gas Capacity Building Project (OGCBP)
Attn: Project Coordinator
Ministry of Energy
P.O Box SD 40
Tel:+233 0302 683990
Fax: +233 0302 680716