Our client, Africa’s leading independent Oil and Gas Exploration and Production (E&P) Company with a diverse portfolio of assets across Africa as well as interests in Europe, South Asia and South America is seeking to fill five (5) technical positions with competent Ghanaians. These individuals will join the Ghana Business Unit to drive the achievement of the Company’s strategic goals and objectives
Lead Reservoir Engineer (Ref ZA:0061)
Reporting to the Well Delivery Team lead, the job holder will be responsible for managing and optimizing field performance, delivering against predictions of budget and field development plans.
- Optimize and maintain the subsurface development plans for the Oilfields
- Support exploration and development drilling activities
- Monitor, analyze and optimize well and reservoir performance.
- Coordinate and conduct reservoir engineering analytical studies and assessments, and data acquisition programmes.
- Provide ranges on production forecasting and reserve assessments.
- Train and mentoring graduate trainees and secondees.
- Petroleum engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working as a significant contributor in a large integrated subsurface team multi in an overseas location.
- Upstream Offshore assets working experience.
- Knowledge of deep water turbidities is preferred,
- Excellent proficiency in the use of standard upstream software packages such as KAPPA Saphir & Emeraude, PVTp, PETEX suite, ECLIPSE Suite and Petrel.
- Proven Mentoring and training ability.
- Strong modeling & operational reservoir engineering skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
LEAD DEVELOPMENT GEOLOGIST (refZA: 0062)
Reporting to the Well Delivery Team Lead, the jobholder will be responsible for planning, executing and conducting post-drill analysis of operational activities across the Ghana assets.
- Drive well-planning studies in order to prepare wells for drilling.
- Update and perform quality control of geological and uncertainty models to ensure consistency that is fit for purpose for well planning and execution,
- Liaise with teams to ensure ranges and uncertainties are captured and communicated to allow for timely planning and safe execution of development wells.
- Build and maintain accurate and comprehensive databases of data gathered in conjunction with geoscience team members.
- Liaise with JV partners to ensure subsurface technical alignment.
- Train and mentor graduate trainees and secondees.
- Minimum of MSc. Degree or equivalent in Geoscience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading a large integrated subsurface team multi in an overseas location.
- Must be an expert user of petrel geo-modeling.
- Must have strong 3D static modeling skills.
- Proven Mentioning and training ability.
- Proven petroleum geology experience, with in-depth experience in oil field development and production geology
- Knowledge of a range of structural regimes and depositional environments
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and influencing skills
SENIOR DRILLING SUPERVISOR (ref ZA: 0063)
Reporting to the Rig Superintendent, the jobholder will manage the execution of rig site operations as per the programme to deliver the well objectives safely and within budget.
- Manage the continuous improvement program offshore.
- Ensure EHS is at the highest priority in all elements of programme delivery
- Provide the day to day operational and technical expertise in execution of rig operations to deliver well plans and objectives
- Plan for future operations and ensures required materials and services are available at rigsite
- Work with Service Providers to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds requirements.
- Ensure risk mitigations are in place prior to commencement of activities.
- Manage operations in the most cost-effective manner and cost control of all activities.
- A University degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in Mechanical or Petroleum engineering is preferred but not essential
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in drilling and completions with operating companies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior Drilling Supervisor on offshore drilling units,
- Subsea drilling and completions experience within the last 5 years preferably in deep water or ultra-deep water.
- Valid Well Control certification (IWCF Supervisor Subsea) and survival certification (BOSIET)
- Knowledge of subsea completions preferably including running of intelligent completions, subsea well testing, and subsea tree / landing string systems.
- Proven experience working on Dynamically Positioned 5+ generation MODU.
COMPLETION SUPERVISOR (ref ZA: 0064)
Reporting to the Senior Drilling Supervisor, the jobholder will represent the Company and supervise worksite completion operations ensuring that implementation is done safely and efficiently.
- Oversee the overall implementation of programme.
- Responsible for completion/testing operational improvement ensuring that EHS requirements are integral to all aspects of activities,
- Provides completions input to team and well engineering delivery objectives as necessary.
- Oversee the documentation of all work within the area of responsibilities capturing lessons learned for the benefit of future operations,
- Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal/external stakeholders and service companies.
- Participate in well and operations hazard assessments and HAZOPs and compilation of well risk register.
- Degree in an engineering related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ offshore well servicing background with 8 years experience as a completion Supervisor with operating companies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Core discipline wireline, coil-tubing, well testing etc.
- A valid Well Control certification (at least IWCF Subsea Supervisory level) and a valid offshore survival certification (BOSIET).
- Good management/supervisory skills
- Good technical/operational understanding of well servicing, completion and drilling
- Excellent grasp of safety management system and its implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to ensure team effectiveness.
- High proficiency with IT and industry software (i.e. MS Suite, etc)
LEAD DEVELOPMENT GEOPHYSICIST (ref ZA: 0065)
Reporting to the Developmental Geophysics Team Lead, the job holder has responsibility for building and updating reservoir models, planning field development activities, planning and monitoring operational activities across Ghana assets.
- Conduct seismic evaluations including 4D interpretation and structural model builds for input to reservoir modelling.
- Evaluate and communicate geophysical uncertainties feeding into additional data acquisition plans and capture in uncertainty analysis and reservoir modeling.
- Prepare supporting documentation on infill or further development opportunities, including presentations, well proposals and well diaries as required.
- Align technical activities with business objectives to ensure timely delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other teams within the company as required.
- Contribute to the training and mentoring of junior staff and secondees.
- Sc. level or higher in geophysics with 10 years or more experience in upstream E&P.
- Broad knowledge base incorporating specialized expertise in own field of disciple and across related disciples built from experience on varied projects,
- Highly skilled user of Petrel and associated software tools.
- Seismic interpretation, quantitative seismic analysis, rock physics, structural model building and reservoir model conditioning.
- Strong operational planning skills and experience.
- Demonstrable creativity, persistence, curiosity and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of business, project drivers and economics.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between competing projects.
- Openness, honesty and reliability.
- Proficient in the use of IT and industry software including Landmark and MS suite.
Please send your resume, indicating the job title and reference code as the subject, to email@example.com
Alternatively, visit www.zormeloandassociates.com
Closing Date 7thNovember, 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted