EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT MODEC
MODEC Production Service Ghana JV Limited (MPSG) provides operations and maintenance services to Tullow Ghana Limited and its Partners on FPSO Kwame Nkrumah (KNK) in the Jubilee Field and FPSO Professor John Evans Atta Mills (JAM) in the Tano Ennyera Ntomme (TEN) Field. Both FPSO vessels are located off the Western coast of Ghana.
- Supporting the Operations Team and facility planning processes
- Owner of the O&M input co-ordination to the 5-year, 3 x years, 1 year & 90-day plan with assistance from Discipline Engineers and other Modec departments.
- Set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan
- Chair all onshore planning meeting to ensure coordination and scheduling of all Maintenance, Operations and Construction activities to avoid unnecessary conflicts and ensure maximum plan attainment with efficient use of resources
- Developing detailed yet simple to understand schedules and graph. Producing visual aids to help explain the schedule of work, including bar charts and network diagram. Presenting the schedule of work to others in the company and the client organisation involved with the project
- Interface with Offshore Planners. Interface with Offshore teams, arranging, organising logistics / POB etc. Keeping statistics of POB efficiency etc.
- Setup and run (when necessary) planning meetings with discipline Engineers and ensuring that their actions are recorded and closed-out in a timely fashion.
- Understand the systems, towards ensuring that the Operations Planning System (OPS) is implemented and improved & continuous FMS / OMF reviews and verifications with focus upon planning operations.
- To ensure and to verify (auditable) compliance and continuous improvement of planning Work and other Procedures. And compliance with, the annual Assurance Plan.
- Provide monthly Operations Planning reports to indicate compliance to plans
- Ensure any conflict in respect to resources is highlighted to the relevant parties
- Provide technical knowledge and experience in evaluating and resolving planning clashes, exploiting opportunities and optimising available resources
- Participate in annual review, audits of and provide assessment of the Operations Planning System. Ensuring that any non-compliance with the FMS/OMF is identified and addressed.
- Ensure that the Client’s and MODEC’s policies are known, understood and adhered to.
- Assist develop forecasts, and budgeting costs associated with 5 year, 3 x year, 1 year O&M PLANS, related to planned materials repairs, equipment rentals, contract support services etc.
- Assist Monitor costs associated with spares usage, materials repairs, equipment rentals, contract support services etc related to Planning
- To support the O&M teams in O&M tendering preparations, prepare ITT’s and seek input from Engineering disciplines as required
- Assists in preparing work program, cash flow and man-power histogram for tender.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering discipline. Desirable Mechanical / Facilities Engineering.
- Formal qualifications in Project Controls disciplines
- Proven experience on CMMS management, Project planning preparation, shut down preparation and planning
- 6 x years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry planning role. With at least 3 x years involved in an FPSO role preferred
- Interpersonal skills, ability to deal with a continuously changing and demanding environment and large number of activities within short time scales.
- Competent in planning software such as Microsoft Project and preferably Primavera P6. Skills to work with other planning tools / systems like CMMS Maximo and MS office, MS Project
- The ability to work as part of a team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management and Procurement Modules for CMMS software system. Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET Training qualifications are required for offshore travel to the FPSO facility.
The Project Manager (PM) role is mainly benefits-focused. The role is associated mainly with programme identification and implementation, which tend to be more benefits focused than projects. The PM must be ‘business side’ to bridge between the programme and business operations and is responsible, on behalf of the General Manager, for defining the benefits, assessing progress towards realisation and achieving measured improvements in business operations.
- As well as the formal responsibilities set out below the PM has an important role in interfacing between the project and the business areas. This is important for communicating and encouraging the need for transformation and change within the business area in tandem with the delivery of new capabilities. The readiness of the business to exploit the new capability is crucial to success.
- Ensuring the interests of the TGL/MPSG Steering Committee or General Manager MPSG are met by the programme.
- Working with the Business Functional leads to ensure that the work of the programme, including the scope of each project, covers the necessary aspects required to deliver the products or services that will lead to operational benefits
- Working with the Business Leads and MODEC General manager to identify projects that will contribute to realising benefits and achieving outcomes
- Identifying, defining and tracking the benefits and outcomes required of the programme
- Ensuring that maximum improvements are made in existing and new business operations as elements of change are delivered/implemented into operational use
- Leading the activities associated with benefits realisation and ensuring that continued accrual of benefits can be achieved and measured after the programme has been completed
- Be drawn from the relevant business areas – their participation in the programme should be an integral part of their normal responsibilities to enable changes resulting from the programme to be firmly embedded in the organisation
- Have detailed knowledge of the business environment and direct business experience – in particular, they need an understanding of the management structures, politics and culture of the organisation owning the programme.
Have effective marketing and communication skills to sell the programme vision to staff at all levels of the organisation
- Have knowledge of relevant management and business change techniques such as business process modelling and re-engineering
All applications should be sent to Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 25THMAY, 2019
MODEC Ghana Limited DOES NOT charge prospective candidates any fees.