GNPC CHAIR FOR PETROLEUM COMMERCE
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST
The GNPC Chair for Petroleum Commerce is a research chair established by the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation to assist the Institute for Oil and Gas Studies University of Cape Coast to:
- Developpostgraduate programmes in Oil and Gas Studies to the highest international standards,
- Develop innovative graduate programme in the petroleum commerce sector,
- Train at least three PHDs in Oil and Gas Management to boost the capacity of the Institute,
- Conduct research relevant to the thematic areas jointly approved by the GNPC and UCC in collaboration with other UCC faculty,
- Disseminate research findings through participation in local, international and petroleum conferences, and publication of findings in high-impact refereed journal,
- Deliver, at least, two public lectures on any of the thematic areas in a year, and (7) submit Annual Reports on activities through the Vice-Chancellor of University of Cape Coast to GNPC.
The occupant of the Chair must:
- Be a scholar of professorial status and of international repute in Petroleum Commerce or a related field in Oil and Gas Studies.
- Be 40 years and above,
- Hold a Doctorate Degree in Petroleum Commerce or a related field in Oil and Gas Studies from a recognized University,
- Showevidence of expertise in research in the discipline and /or related fields,
- Show evidence of experience in mentoring /supervising postgraduate studies, and
- Be available to spend at least 6 months every year at post. The remuneration for the Chair include, but not limited to an attractive retaining salary and support package for stated activities with a duration of three years renewable for an additional one year.
Applications should include:
- A detailed curriculum vita,
- A cover letter with a statement of the applicant’s qualifications and the
- Applicant’ s expected contribution to the Institution, Faculty and College,
- A detailed description (not more than 5 pages) of the candidate’s research
- Programme consistent with the strategic direction of the University of
- Cape Coast and to contribute to the Petroleum Commerce research of GNPC,
- Samples of relevant published writing or other relevant materials, and
- Names and contact information for three people willing to provide a reference.
Candidates from Ghana and abroad, including African scholars and Ghanaians in the Diaspora are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent to the Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast or firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com by October 26, 2018.