GOGIG employment opportunity Technical Lead: Public FInancial Management(PFM)
GOGIG EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: TECHNICAL LEAD- PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT(PFM)
The Ghana Oil and gas for Inclusive Growth(GOGIG) programme is designed to support Ghana make the most of its new-found oil and gas resources
The overall goal is ‘inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction and the programmer is working towards achieving an outcome of ‘Effective management of oil and gas resource ‘’ through the delivery of the following four inter-related outputs:
- Enhanced regulatory mandate and policy coherence of the oil and gas sector
- Improved systems of oil and gas revenue capture
- Improved oil and gas revenue management
- Enhanced oil and gas sector oversight
The programme results are therefore expected to be achieved through a combination of targeted technical assistance to government for improving institutional capabilities and initiatives that improve the effectiveness of accountability actors in placing greater public scrutiny on the sector and advocating for improvements in governance.
We are seeking to recruit a long-term consultant to join the team in the role of technical lead : PFM
As Technical Lead, the consultant will be responsible for managing the design and implementation of projects aimed at achieving the objectives of the programme, primary related to PFM.
Specific task include:
Programme Strategy & Development:
- Provide strategic insights on how the PFM work stream can contribute to delivery of overall programme objective and outputs through a cross-cutting approach.
- Provide general and technical guidance to GOGIG team on pertinent issues within the work stream that are relevant to overall programme.
- Identify project ideas and opportunities based on GOGIG strategic priorities, discussions with programme partners and insights from the quarterly political economy analysis and the broader remit of the programme.
- Develop projects proposals that transform these ideas into detailed projects for the delivery of programme objectives and log frame target( in collaboration with the relevant partner and stakeholders)
Project implementation & Management
Develop detailed implementation plans and budgets for all approved projects to serve as a reference for all implementation activities including contracting.
Identify suitable consultants, service providers and organizations for the purpose of implementing the projects developed according to GOGIG procurement procedures
- Develop detailed annual and quarterly implementation work plans, in line with log frame target, strategic objectives and operational priorities of the programme
- Manage the implementation of projects under the work stream – this includes monitoring the work plan and timeline, reviewing and quality assuring outputs and maintaining regular contact with partners on one hand, and the TL and PM on the other, to ensure that the project deliverables and outcomes are on track to be achieved.
- Working with the Deputy Team Leader to ensure the Master Implementation Plan is kept up to date
- Reporting on outputs delivered and the result achieved (or anticipated) from projects under th work stream – this will include providing the required evidence, contributions to quarterly reports to DFID and programme review and lessons learned sessions conducted by the MEL Manager
Technical Leadership and Representation
- Provide expert advice and input on regulatory mandates and policy coherence enhanced relating to the Oil and Gas sector to the GOGIG team and partners as required. This will include developing timely briefing notes to topical issues and key developments to inform the GOGIG team’s understanding of the issues and drawing out implications and recommendations for GOGIG programming.
- Ensure that GOGIG is represented in ongoing discussions and debates around topical issues within the technical area which are relevant to the programme
- Contribute to building GOGIG’s technical reputation and credibility with DFID by periodically providing insights in response to specific requests and proactively
- Maintain active partnership relationships which ensure that GOGIG partners are well informed of programme objectives, priorities, policies and procedures and understand how GOGIG works
- Discuss and negotiate annual work plans for each partnership which reflects the joint priorities of both the partner and GOGIG
- Develop new relationships and partnerships with key individuals and organizations that facilitate the achievement of programme objectives
- Degree in subject relevant to the position
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of programme partners including government and civil society stakeholders
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience
- DFID experience desirable
To apply for this role:
Submit a CV with a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the requirements for role to email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is close of business on Friday 7th April 2017