JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED – PLANT OPERATOR
ANGLOGOLD ASAHANTI IDUAPRIEM LIMITED (a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited)operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1,400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Plant Operator.
The Plant Operator is responsible for ensuring that Process Plant core KPIs targets such as Mill throughput, Grind, Pulp density of slurry in tanks and other relevant targets are met or exceeded always.
- Implement task work procedure that will ensure environmental compliance as they pertain to spill and emission regulations
- Identify and report hazards in the workplace to his supervisor or responsible safety officer
- Identify lapses in operation and report for continuous improvement
- Must be able to run any section of the plant with minimum supervision
- Must possess good communication skills – both oral and written for the co-ordination of activities between operators and maintenance team in a timely manner
- Complete pre-operational checklists in relation to his/her section
- Assist with the planning of maintenance requirements to avoid impact to the plan, forecast and budget deliverables
- Assist with the operations of oxygen generation plant.
- Ensure team compliance with all company, legislative and statutory regulations regarding safety and the environment
- Report immediately any defect to the shift supervisor or senior shift supervisor on duty
- Control of required reagents as determined by the metallurgical team
- Ensure effective housekeeping at all sections of the plant
- Undertake effective handover and reporting to ensure smooth operation
- SSSCE or GCE 0 Level or its equivalent from a recognised institution
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience as a Plant Operator in a Gold Processing Plant
- Experience in electrical installations will be an added advantage
- Ability to interact with people from diverse culture and backgrounds
- Must possess “can do” and proactive attitude
- Proactive and able to work under minimum supervision
- Medically fit for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driver’s Licence and proficiency to drive light vehicle and to operate at least one plant mobile equipment such as Forklift, Telehandler etc.
Mode of Application
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Friday, May 10, 2019.
- The Senior Manager – Human Resources
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P.O. Box 283
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.