JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT ELIDEL
Elidel Prestige Ltd (EPL), an oil and gas recruitment and manpower management company is recruiting the following positions on behalf of its client, Aker Energy, a member of the Aker Group and the operating company of the Deepwater Tano Cape Three Points block (‘DWT/CPT’) in Ghana. Aker Energy aims to become the offshore oil and gas operator of choice in Ghana. Aker Energy is committed to delivering training and industrial development by contributing with several direct and indirect job opportunities in Ghana through its operations, as well as the know-how and experience successfully developed in the Norwegian petroleum industry over the last 30 years.
EHS SPECIALIST –ONSHORE
The EHS Specialist will provide support to the Country Manager in Ghana, as well as acting as liaison for other EHS professionals based elsewhere. They will also support the Ghana stakeholder management plan by engaging with key stakeholders in Ghana as described in the plan.
The EHS Specialist will take the lead role in implementation of office and land transportation safety efforts and will assist in implementation of other improvement initiatives as identified.
The EHS Specialist will also play a key role in monitoring and influencing emerging Ghanaian regulations and in ensuring that all potentially impacted internal parties are aware of relevant regulatory changes and their effects.
The Position is based in Accra and will report to the Country Director.
- Support and advise Ghana Country Manager
- Champion office and land transportation safety efforts in Ghana.
- Liaise with appropriate personnel in GNPC, Ghana EPA and other external stakeholders as required by the stakeholder management plan.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other EHS&SR personnel in Takoradi, London and Houston to ensure that all EHS & SR activities on work plan are completed.
- Collaborate with E&P SR Advisor in Houston to develop SR plans and assist in theirimplementation
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Emergency Response (ER) documentation. Ensure ER critical rooms and /or equipment in Accra are maintained in a state of readiness
- Assist in the design and facilitation of ER drills.
- Keep up to date with proposed changes in legislation affecting EHS&SR. Ensure internal stakeholders are apprised of these changes and their effects on operations planning.
- Assist in incident investigating as required
- Participate in risk assessments as required
- Develop processes and procedures as required and in line with EHS&SR standards. Engage internal stakeholders during the development of any required processes and procedures.
- Implement global EH&SR initiative in Ghana as required.
- Interface management of the in –country EHS/SR support for GDC projects as it pertains to contractor management, risk management, emergency response regulatory and environment.
- Provide necessary support to other operations / activities in Ghana as and when they arise. Example may include shorebase support, support of offshore seismic surveys, etc
- Minimum of eight years Oil &Gas industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills with diverse colleagues and stakeholder including both
- administrative and operations personnel
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with regulators
- Knowledge of oilfield operations
- Experience in developing or maintaining Emergency Response programmes
- Experience in running Land Transportation safety programmes
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline is preferred
LOCAL CONTENT ADVISOR
The Local Content Advisor will see to the implementation of commitments of the company to promote Local Content .The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing the company’s Local content policy in line with existing statutory local content Policy and Procedures
The Local Content Advisor will manage local content data including Company spend, localization of services and employment.
The position is based in Accra and will report to the Supply Chain Manager
- Responsible for promotion of competent Contractors and Suppliers within Ghana.
- Identify opportunities for the development Contractors and Suppliers, which may provide mutual business benefit.
- Development of Ghanaian Contractors and Suppliers to meet Aker Energy’s current and future needs.
- Lead in the development and implementation of Local Content Development programme.
- Evaluate and recommend to management various supplier development requirement towards achieving the prescribed local content requirement.
- Monitor and feedback to the organization on local content performance throughout the life of a contract or project.
- Produce quarterly reports on local performance to the Petroleum Commission as per the requirements of the Local Content Law.
- Identify risks and threats posed by Local Content to Aker Energy and provide guidance on resolving these issues to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Participate in engagement and negotiation with government agencies and regulations on Local Content expectations, timing and associated commitments.
- Keeping abreast of international and in-country trends such as taxation, expropriation risks, resource nationalism, LC expectations, politics and public perception.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in similar Role
- Excellent understanding of the industry’s local content laws and regulations
- Experience in a procurement/contracting environment advantageous.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to workindependently with minimal supervision and manage own time and establish priorities;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental goals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Oil & Gas industry experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline
GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS AND COMMUNICATION MANAGER
The successful role holder will liaise with senior management and function leaders to build and maintain government and broader political relationships, manage political risk and issues of public policy, which could impact the viability of client’s interests in Ghana. Successful candidate will develop public and government affairs strategies with a plan and budget for programme and projects in-country. Develop and maintain relationships with the Ghanaian and international media to ensure clear communication and understanding of client’s operations in Ghana. Liaise with relevant state actors including ministers, government ministries, department and agencies, parliament, civil society organizations, media, communities, traditional authorities, industry associations and other key stakeholders to ensure client’s brand and activities achieve desired impact and effect in-country.
The Position is based in Accra and will report to the Country Director
- Build and maintain a map of government, regulatory, political and business stakeholders who are relevant to the success of our client’s business to inform engagement and advocacy strategies.
- Develop and execute strategy for engagement with national and local government representatives, agencies and other key stakeholders such as Think Tanks, NGOs etc to support delivery of agreed objectives.
- Develop communications strategy and implement same to ensure resonance of project and cooperation of residents within affected areas and in-country
- Build a Media Database and design the most effective communication tools and messages appropriate with specific timing and delivery to achieve the best outcomes.
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies, positions and responses that are key to supporting client’s strategies interests in Ghana.
- Provide regular reporting on political risk and governmental policy issues to in-country management in line with agreed criteria.
- Minimum of 10years’ experience in government advocacy and /or external affairs work.
- Clear understanding of key stakeholders groups in the oil & gas industry and how these groups interface with related issues.
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: extractives industry, multinational companies operating in oil and gas in Ghana.
- Track record in both print and electronic media in Ghana would be an added advantage.
- Strongtrack record in building successful relationship and securing alignment between multiple stakeholders
- Understanding and appreciation of corporate reputation issues affecting the extractive industries, including an ability to build a holistic picture of the key factors as they affect individual operating companies.
- A good understanding of the political culture and government decision making processes in Ghana and the West Africa Region.
- Politically non-partisan with significant contracts with key stakeholders in Ghana, including in government, business and media and strong networking skills. Familiar with and sensitive to Ghanaian customs and practices.
- Degree in Public Affairs International Relations, Media Relations/ Communications, Governance & Development or other related fields from a recognized University.
The purpose of this role is to provide a consistently high standard of professional support to the Country Director in order to ensure that he is able to operate in an efficient manner and maximize the use of his time. The Executive Assistant will be an ambassador for the Country Director and will use excellent communication skills, a solid understanding of his needs and preferences and a sound sense of judgement to portray a positive first impression to visitors, filter communications and deal with all enquiries in an appropriate manner.
The Position is based in Accra and will report to the Country Director.
Representing the Country Director
- To be the first point of contact for all communication to the Country Director
- The Executive Assistant will develop a solid understanding of the needs and preferences of the Country Director and wider organization so that they are able to act as ‘gatekeeper’ filtering communication and dealing with enquiries directly where appropriate in order to ensure she is able to work efficiently and maximize the use of her time
- To meet and greet the Country Director’s visitors, ensuring that they are welcomed into a friendly and professional environment
- To communicate and build relationships with board members, donor and other high profile individuals in a respectful and professional manner.
- To manage the Country Director’s diary, including organization of meeting venues, facilitating travel arrangement and liaising with internal and external participants
- To use wise judgment to manage and prioritize competing demands
- To ensure all information and papers relating to the Country Director’s meeting are provided prior to the meeting in a well ordered and properly presented manner Administrative and Communications Support.
- In particular, the Executive Assistant will:
- Ensurethat all enquiries and correspondence are dealt with promptly and effectively produce letters, reports and documents (including confidential items )
- Utilize a variety of software packages to produce correspondence/ documents and maintain presentations, spreadsheets and database
- Support the Country Director to collate and prepare information for key meetings to collate information and prepare the first draft of PowerPoint presentations manage filing systems (both electronic and paper) as directed
- Ensuring the efficient management of information, including making sure thatelectronic and paper records systems are well maintained
- Working in close collaboration with other team members to manage general office matters
- To complete any other tasks as directed by the Country Director.
- Minimum of five years’ experience of providing PA support or working as an Executive Assistant to staff at a senior level
- Good written, oral and aural communication skills.
- Good MS Office skills, specifically word, Excel and Power Point
- Able to manage high volume of activity
- Able to present information clearly, concisely and in accordance with company branding
- Must be able to communicate at all levels and have the confidence to handle difficult phone conversation in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with high profile individuals
- Ability to work collaboratively with all Aker team members and create a positive team culture
- Ability work in a fast paced environment and remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable, organized and able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource or social science from a recognized University.
Qualified professionals should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is one week from date of publication. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Elidel Prestige Ltd (EPL) has over ten (10) years experience, highly specializing in Recruitment(Manpower sourcing and outsourcing), Immigration (Permits & Visas) and Protocol (VIP, Meet & Greet) services for leading organization in the oil & Gas sector across West Africa. Have a conversation with us today to receive unmatched results email@example.com