Job Opportunities at MODEC
PROFIT FROM OUR EXPERIENCE
MODEC is a dynamic multi-national company operating from more than 25 countries and employing over 2,500 people. We provide floating Production System operation and maintenance services around the world, with a reginal office in New Plymouth providing operational services for the Maari Field.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
- Ensure with the implementation of Strategic Management systems with specific focus on the analysis of the internal/external strengths and weaknesses, whilst defining strategic goals
- Ensure with implementation of Performance Management systems , defining strategic goals and ensuring are cascaded each support Department and operational Unit.
- Coordinate the execution of strategic and performance Management systems through the consolidation monitoring and communication of KPIs/ results. Ensuring that results are communication at meeting monitoring meetings(Strategic, support Departments and Operational Units).
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of the Project Management system through preparation of the Corporate Project Reports and the follow up of the Projects results ,regarding Cost, Quality, Scope Time, Communication, Risk, Human Resources, Stakeholders, Acquisition and Integration, following PMI’s best practices.
- Sustain and improve the Routine Process Management solution, such as Strategic Management, Performance , project Management and Routine /Process Mangement dealing with and eliminating internal bottlenecks.
- Generate relevant deviation analysis reports to assist with defining countermeasures by gathering and analyzing databases, whilst consulting with internal clients.
- Implement Management solutions by understanding the necessities of internal clients and proposing the best solution for each case.
- Manages the weekly or other frequency: Meeting with relevant discipline Engineers.
- Agree the priority of work
- Engineering, Adminstration,Economics, Accounting and /or IT Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory.
- Masters, MBA or Post Graduation in Business Management, Project Management, Adminstration , Finance and or Process Management is expected.
- Advanced English
- Six Sigma Green belt is a plus/PMP(Project Management Professional) is a plus
- CBPP (Certified Business Process Professional) is a plus
- 4years of previous experience on business,Quality and /or Process Management is mandatory.
- 3years of previous experience on project Management is expected
- Advanced Microsoft excel is mandatory
- Advanced Microsoft power point is mandatory
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio is mandatory
- Intermediate Microsoft Project IS mandatory
- VBA is expected
- Altery is a plus
- SQL is a plus
- Budget planning , monitoring evaluation and reporting of responsible vessel’s activities .
- Ensure the accurate cost / revenue with correct WBS codes in the company cost control
- Ensure the adequately accurate level of cost / revenue forecast . input review and adjust assumptions and actuals in the budgeting tool (OPEST)and the MODEC CMMS system in Ghana (Maximo)to ensure accuracy of output reports in relation to forecasting and ongoing maintenance costs at a system level.
- Reviews Purchase Orders and Sub Contract agreements to ensure budgetalignment.
- Coordinator between the responsible vessel’s operation management and SPC partners regarding NAMs ( Notice to Asset Management ), Including timely invoicing to SPC based on a good level of understanding on the contract structure and relevant
- Assist Operation Manager to prepare any sort of regular/ad-hoc reports.
- Coordinate any other activities/intiatives/ leadership upon request, related to the responsible vessel’s business control for operation management.
- Trains cost controllers in relation to various cost control activities
- (MGL Specific ) Poplate and maintaina sufficient tracking reporting and forecasting structure to display cost efficiencies and synergies being realized by the one Team approach in the Ghana Prepare monthly cost data to ensure accurate, costs and O&M saving realized per both client and MODEC timelines.
- (MGL Specific ) interact with supplier to ensure performance indicators are being met,including periodic reviews and real-time performance feedback to support CRB discussions on renewals and new tenders for services.
- (MGL. Specific) supports the MGL KPI process in providing VOWD&O&MSE information on monthly basis in conjunction with Finance
- (MGL Specific)Ensure nationalization plan for the role is maintain and training is progressing as required. This is to fully nationalized by January 1, 2019.
- (MGL Specfic)Utilize synergy opportunities between Jubilee and JEAM FPSO operatios to take advantage of economies of scale , bulk discounting and shared inventory management.
- (MGL Specfic) Populate and update MGL contracts register and improve the utilization of master service agreements instead of Purchase Orders, include measuring the progress of improving the % of Service Agreement vs. Purchase Orders and ensuring synergies proposed for both vessels are acceptable and achieved.
University degrees or equivalent in any area of social science such as management, finance, psychology, communication and technical area such as engineering etc. is in principle a minimum requirement.
Any certificate relevant to MODEC business from governments ,professional societies and organizations etc. is a strong asset
- Minimum five years of working experience in the coordination role any business related area or appropriate technical experience.
- Experience in the offshore industry such as FPSO operator, oil and gas sector, drilling companies etc. is a strong
- Work experience as cost controller is a strong asset.
- Basic level of accounting knowledge is a strong asset.
- English speaking mandatory
Basic business software and computer /internet literacy are mandatory.
- Improve the efficiency of MGL’s cost control system incl. procedures infrastructure and practices so that it well provides good tools to the department staff in developing monthly cost forecasts in all areas of operation, EPCL and G&A cost.
- Lead monthly cost forecasting exercises in close cooperation with both business and corporate unites.
- Provide as much accurate managerial cost reports on Finance Department and Corporate Planning Department and support them to prepare the monthly and any other sort of forecast/budget presentation and reporting to MINC Tokyo.
- Lead MGL’s annual budget exercise in cooperation with other department departments MGL so that the quality of the budget is maintained good and reasonably accurate for both MGL’s businesses and G& A.
- Support Project Development and any relevant department for MODEC’s bid proposal development efforts in Ghana.
- Support Project Development and any other relevant department for MODEC’s bid proposal development efforts in Ghana.
- Develop and implement effective department KPI’s for Control Department.
- Strengthen the Control team’s individual and organization capability to meet the KPI’s and continue improving it.
- Train and build capacity of local staff in the areas of leadership management and analytical skills which are key for the control team members to develop their career path and become high performers inside and outside the control team in MGL.
- Train and support cost controls in other departments such as, but not limited to operation Maintenance Engineering, HSE, HR IT , Finance etc.
- Prepare and lead the MODEC interface with SPC’s regarding the SPC’s cost burden (work Order, Exception item),liasing with MGL, commercial Department and relevant departments as well as MINC SPC Management
- (MGL Specific) Support the MGL KPI process in providing VOWD&O&MSE information on a monthly basis in conjuction with finance Manager.
- (MGL Specfic)Assigning on shore and offshore contract and budget owners, measuring accuracy compared to annual budget and explaining variances in monthly reporting to support improve forecasting forecasting, work with senior managers and corporate to develop one two and fiver year business plans for the company
- (MGL Specific)Utilize synergy opportunities between Jubilee and JEAM FPSO Operation to take advantage of economies of scale bulk discounting and share inventory management
- (MGL Specific ) Maintaining MGL contracts register and improve the utilization of master service agreements instead of Purchase Orders to obtain fixed rate pricing and ease ETC forecasting on work scopes ensuring synergies proposes for vessels are acceptable and achieved.
University degrees or equivalent in any area of social science such as management finance pychology, communication and technical area such as engineering etc. is in Principle a minimum requirement.
Any certification relevant to MODEC business from governments, professional societies and organizations etc is a strong asset.
- Minimum 8 years of career records with outstanding achievements in cost control finance and /or planning.
- Minimum 5 years of team leaders’ (or coordinator) experience with the group of 3-15.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in FPSO operation and /or project.(Asset but not mandatory)
- International assignments outside hi/her home country.
- Department Manager ‘s experience in cost control finance and or planning
- Work experience and career path development inside MODEC
- Work experience in the oil & Gas industry
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ANALYST
- Support in the implementing of strategy management systems with specific focus on the analysis of the internal/ external strengths and weakness. Whilst defining strategist
- Support in the implementing of performance management systems defining strategic goals and ensuring that the strategic goals are cascaded each support Department and operation Unit.
- Contribute with execution of the strategic and performance Management system through the consolidation monitoring and communications KPI’s /result . ensuring that results are communicated at meeting monitoring meetings (strategic, support departments and operational units.
- Contribute to implementing and monitoring of project Management systems the preparations of corporate project reports follow up of the projects results and training of the project managers on companies methodology for cost, Quality, Scope, Time, Communication ,Risk, Hr ,Stakeholders, Acquisition and Integration following PMI’s best practices;
- Contribute to Routine process Management systems through the mapping, optimization and periodic revision of the management system documents such as policies procedures, manuals and work instructions, as well as the definition and monitoring of process results and act on deviations.
- Implement timely Quality Management solutions such as; strategic management, performance Management and Routine/Process Management dealing with and eliminating internal bottlenecks.
- Generate relevant deviation analysis reports to assist with defining countermeasures by gathering and analyzing process database, whilst consulting with internal clients.
- Implement Management solutions by understanding the necessities of internal clients and preposing the best solution for each case.
- Engineering Administration, economics, accounting and /or IT Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory.
- Masters, MBA or post-Graduation in Business Management, Project Management Administration, finance and or/ process Management is plus.
- Advanced English
- Six Sigma Green belt is plus
- PMP (Project Management Professional) is a plus
- CBPP (Certified Business Process Professional is a plus
- Previous experience on Business,Quality and or Process Management is mandatory.
- Previous experience on Project Management is expected
- Advanced Microsoft excel is mandatory
- Advanced Microsoft Power Point is mandatory
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio is expected
- Intermediate Microsoft Project is expected
- VBA is expected
- Altery is a plus
- SQL is a plus
LEGAL &COMPLAINCE SPECIALIST
The legal & Compliance Specialist provides support to the Legal and Compliance Department which oversees the corporate and Compliance program, independently and objectively reviewing , evaluating and investigating compliance issues / concerns arising within MODEC Operating and in accordance with anti-corruption with it contractual obligations.
The candidate must be familiar with anti-corruption laws of the Republic of Ghana. The United States Foreign Corrupt Practices ACT (the ‘FCPA’) The United Kingdom Bribery Act (the ‘UKBA”) and the anti-corruption laws of any other jurisdiction relevant.
The Legal & Compliance Specialist also provides management with information and legal advice on a diverse range of employment, health/safety/security/environment/quality(‘HSSQ”) contractual issues and timely compliance with the relevant laws and regulations of Ghana and its subdivisions.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where compliance/legal risks have been identified appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal and risk management advice to management with particular emphasis on compliance.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing commercial agreement specifically in regard to provision concerning compliance, HSEQ and Ghana law matters.
- Advice HR Department on policy issues related to the interpretation and application of Ghana Laws , regulation rules in particular , the Labour Act of Ghana (Law 651)(the “Labour Act”
- Keep management up to date on significant changes and additions to local laws and provide information and training to MODEC and disseminate appropriate legal requirement to staff.
- Review and draft contracts agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal or legal
- Assist in managing MODEC’s Group Compliance Program
- Develop , initiate , maintain , and revise local MODEC policies and procedures for the general operation of the MODEC compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Develops , initiate periodically reviews and update such policies and procedures to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments (eg. HSEQ, Human Resource, Accounting, Procurement, Engineering and offshore operations) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Responds to alleged violations of compliance law, rules and regulations violations of MODEC Group Anti-Corruption Compliance Policies(“ACC Policies”) and the Code of Conduct as well as to cases involving MODEC reported through the MODEC ethics Hotline (‘’ the Hotline”) by evaluating and as , necessary, recommending the initiation of investigative Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk;develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future .
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and /or
- Assist in maintaining an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Hotline;(b)heighten awareness of the Code of Conduct and ACC Policies, and (c)understanding of global compliance trends as well as existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- The position must hold a law degree or equivalent
- Be eligible for admission as a Barrister-at-law with a minimum of 4 years’ experienceat the bar.
- Ability to discern and asses political, social and cultural factors which may potentially affect the company and provide counsel as required.
All application should be sent to Ghana. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of sending applications: 30th October, 2017