JOB OPPORTUNITY AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LTD – HEALTH ASSISTANT
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED
ASHANTI IDUAPRIEM LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (MIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Health Assistant
To run errands and provide support services in health care for nurses and carry out other official duties assigned by the Ward Manager/Unit In-Charge.
- Assist patients to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance (eg. bathing, mouth care and others)
- Assist patients to ambulance as planned
- Assist with manual handling and transferring of patients within hospital environments
- Assist the professional nurse to undertake the last offices of deceased patients
- Carry out admission and discharge protocols
- Undertake ward dusting and general cleanliness of the ward/workplace
- Care for and undertake cleaning of equipment (instruments and bedpans)
- Ensure that all actions undertaken are consistent with the patient’s multi-disciplinary plan of care
- Attend in-house training sessions in realtion to nursing care to update knowledge and skills
- Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards
- Keep log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal
- Take care of own safety and others who may be affected by your actions or omissions
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policies and use any equipment or personal protective equipment provided to ensure safety of personnel
- Work within the prescribed quality standards for nursing care
- Comply wit the quality assurance policy and guidelines.
- A minimum of Secondary Qualification of GCE Ordinary Level or Senior High School Certificate
- A minimum of one (1) year clinical work experience in an accredited hospital/clinic and a documentary proof of evidence to have undergone a minimum of six (6) months training in Health Care from an accredited institution or NVTI Certificate in Health Care.
- Knowledge and understanding of guidelines relating to patients/client confidentiality
- Candidate must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure with quality of job as priority
- Ability to relate to people from different backgrounds and culture
- Ability to take initiative and maintain clear, concise documentation
- Ability to work effectively in a team with the staff in the ward/unit
- Medically fit for the position and the environment
Mode of Application
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses, not later than Friday, May 3, 2019.
- The Senior Manager – Human Resources AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited,
P.O. Box 283,
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.