JOB OPPORTUNITY AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LTD – PLANT METALLURGIST
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED
ASHANTI IDUAPRIEM LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (MIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Plant Metallurgist
The Plant Metallurgist role is responsible for monitoring metallurgical parameters and providing technical advice to the operational team. The successful candidate shall be part of the team to conduct investigations into all technical challenges to the operations of these units and propose possible solution. He/she shall generally be responsible for monitoring all metallurgical parameters CIL tanks densities, cyanide concentration for leaching and dissolve oxygen levels in tanks to ensure they operate at the optimum. He/she shall also conduct daily metallurgical accounting inputs and produce daily reports.
- Conduct weekly conveyor belt cut and weightometer calibration as well as silting test
- Conduct daily tanks profiles (three times) on every shift as well as daily scats rates for all mills, measure ball charge and record results.
- Monitor lime, steel balls and lead nitrate addition to achieve optimum levels
- Monitor and ensure the smooth performance of oxygen plant, cyanide in sparging facility, TAC 1000 cyanide analyser and WAD cyanide analyser.
- Control soluble losses exiting the CIL circuit to achieve less than 0.006ppm
- Control leach parameters to achieve solid residue exiting the CIL circuit of less than 0.070g/t
- Supervise daily plant sampling activities in CIL plant and ensure smooth submission to assay laboratory.
- Conduct Gold —In- Circuit (GIC) on the last day of every production month.
- Conduct daily quick sizing on cyclone overflows to determine the instantaneous grind.
- Calibrate handy and online pH and dissolve oxygen meters daily.
- Ensure effective carbon management in CIL tanks to control soluble losses.
- Conduct daily metallurgical accounting inputs and produce daily reports.
- Assist Research & Development team in research and test work projects/reports.
- BSc in Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy (Mineral Engineering), Chemical Engineering or Applied Science (Metallurgical) from a recognised institution
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience as a Metallurgist
- Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Processing Supervisor/Engineer
- Competent to handle multiple tasks to achieve the required result
- Effective supervision, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge in computer application especially the use of Microsoft Excel and power point.
- Past National Service Personnel with AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Ltd may apply
- Medically fit for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and proficiency to drive light vehicle
Mode of Application
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses, not later than Friday, May 3, 2019.
- The Senior Manager – Human Resources AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited,
P.O. Box 283,
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.