JOB OPPORTUNITY – TOWER CRANE OPERATOR AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) limited is currently on journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long –term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self –motivated person to join our team as: TOWER CRANE OPERATOR
The Tower Crane Operator is accountable for operating and maintaining the Surface Processing Plant tower cranes to support the construction, refurbishment and maintenance work through the application of compliant, safe operational and engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Perform pre-operation checks on electrical system, including start up, limit and load switches, swing and drum motors and brakes.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hydraulic systems- reservoir tank levels, hydraulic hoses, “o’’ rings and filters.
- Perform inspection and lubrication of mechanical systems – rotating mechanisms, including sheaves, pulleys, cables, shafts and bearings.
- Perform pre-plan safety meetings with sub-contractors to ensure daily work schedules are accomplished in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform pre-operational tests, inspection of load line and crane parts and scheduled maintenance for lubrication.
- Communicate with ground crew to ensure safety and prevent collateral damage within project and operations.
- Hoist and move material around the job site for all construction, refurbishment and maintenance works.
- Control crane movement in response to hand signals or radio commands by supervisor or signaler/rigger.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections of crane mast, wire rope and sheaves.
- Keep and fill out all inspection logs for crane.
- Daily Progress Reports completed, as well as regular administrative duties involved for dept. requisitions and inventory recording.
- Accompany third party inspector on statutory tower crane inspection.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- At least secondary school certificate from relevant high school
- Tower crane operator trade certification from relevant institution is compulsory. Or completion of a one to three years apprenticeship programme or industry courses in crane operating.
- Must have crane operator’s certificate from a Statutory body
- An experienced Tower Crane Operator with 8+ years’ experience in construction or industrial sites, ports, railway yards, surface plants or mines and other similar locations
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Ghanaians should view the full adverts details on the company’s career page address below and submit applications, with detailed CV online:
CLOSING DATE: 27THDECEMBER, 2018