MANAGER – COMMERCIAL AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (OBUASI MINE)
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long –term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average-maximum of 5,000t/day of ore mined. We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as:
PURPOSE AND CONTEXT OF THE ROLE MANAGER-COMMERCIAL
The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to the Senior Manager, Finance & Commercial and assist operational managers deliver site targets by developing and implementing a comprehensive Supply Chain and Procurement strategy, policies and practices as to enable the execution of the business strategy. This includes procuring of goods, materials and services for both operations and care and maintenance activities meeting high quality, cost effective, and timely contracts and contractual relationships ensuring value for money in all relationships.
- Develop and implement effective business unit supply chain and procurement strategy in alignment with AGA’s values and business strategy, Global and CAR supply chain strategies, in-country relevant regulations, compliance and sustainability requirements;
- Collaborating with the management team, contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives;
- Provide strategic guidance and continually challenge current processes, investigate and introduce improved Supply Chain and Procurement interventions and enhancements;
- Develop and implement appropriate processes and procedures for all supply chain processes aligned to CAR policies and procedures;
- Support the Obuasi Project Management team in all commercial and contractual matters.
INVENTORY Management, Warehousing and Materials Engineering
- Ensure effective management of key accountabilities, in the following (but not limited to):
- Implementmaterial master data management processes including appropriate stock/non-stock classification, MRP setting and continuous material master data maintenance in collaborations with the CAR MRP Specialist and CAR Master Data Steward;
- Implement effective material replenishment planning processes to manage stock availability at agreed service levels.
- Manage an Materials Engineering function to provide ongoing technical support to procurement, warehouse and inventory teams including quality control, non-conformance management, master data support, ongoing care and maintenance of inventory based on CAR policies and procedures and in collaboration with the relevant business department
- Implement and safe Warehouse processes including receiving, safekeeping, issuing of inventory and periodic or cyclical stock counts;
- Manage the process for the disposal of redundant and obsolete stock
- Implementation and maintenance of the SAP Materials Management and Warehouse Management modules
- Procurement and Contracts planning and implementation for the Operational Readiness phase and commencement of operations, to support operations
- Management of contracting process for goods, site works and services in adherence to stringent compliance measures established in terms of the CAR Acquisitions policy;
- Manage the execution of the required procurement transactional activities for site.
- Strategic sourcing function to achieve agreed contract coverage for all repetitive purchases, consumable and spare part stock items
- Ensure effective contract maintenance in SAP
- Accountable for the conformance of goods and products ordered to AGA specifications;
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic suppliers/contractors;
- Maintain and track relevant documentations to support Goods in Transit account at any material point in time
- Maintaincontract and work in progress registers and mange procurement team in line with agreed KPIs
- Collaborate with the Global Supply Chain team on globally managed commodities to meet the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with the CAR Supply Chain team on regionally managed commodities/services.
- Proactive management of the logistics transport route to ensure cost-effective and timeous receipt of material;
- Establish effective Customs relationships to achieve an efficient movement of material from port of receipt, customs clearance and transport/receipt by the mine;
- Manage contractors and staff for compliance to international and industry standards, including compliance to the Cyanide Code and transport of hazardous cargo.
- Collaboratewith the relevant business department for specialized transport requirement (e.g metallurgy department for transport of reagents);
- Effective expediting function to ensure timely delivery of orders at mine site and appropriate actions for aged open orders
Relationships with Suppliers, Customers, Direct reports and other relevant stakeholders
- Establish and maintain proactive working relationships;
- Supplier development and local procurement initiatives;
- ManageService Level Agreements;
- Develop and agree stretch Key Performance Areas for the team aligned to the business objectives, continuously monitor performance and conduct regular reviews and appraisals;
- Develop and manage supply chain and procurement talent, capability building and succession planning;
Compliance, Policy and Procedure
- Develop and implement site specific standards, policies and procedures based on OneERP processes and CAR policies covering:
- Procurement (strategic sourcing/daily buying). Inventory Management; Warehousing and Logistics;
- Monitor these policies and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness;
- Implement and monitor performance against business objectives and KPI’s;
- Risk management and reporting, including audit monitoring;
- Report and manage compliance to audit and all transactional processes on site.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or equivalent.
- A holder or charter Institute of procurement (CIP) or similar will be an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years experiences of which five (5+) years should be at a management level with substantial knowledge and experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Inventory, Warehouse management, Materials Engineering, Logistics within the mining or heavy manufacturing environment.
- Procurement and Supply Chain functional knowledge and best practices
- Stronganalytic and problem-solving skills
- Broad business exposure
- Stakeholders management
- Team management
- Resource utilization
- Project management
- Cost management
- Strategicexposure to business
- Change management
- Business negotiation skills
- Displaying Technical and professional expertise, Innovating, Taking initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals;
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing others, Communicating prolifically;
- Manage oneself –Taking ownership of one’ personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationship – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- An assertive goal-orientated self-starter with good interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to details;
- Maximize Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing issues Driving for Results;
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications with detailed CV, online to the Human Resources Manager through AngloGold Ashanti Career website address indicated below: www.anglogoldashanti.com/company/careers
CLOSING DATE: 30THJUNE 2018.