Penplusbytes Extractive Sector Media Fellowship Program
Since 2007, Penplusbytes’ Extractives Department has focused on enhancing media oversight in Ghana’s extractive sector, resources and revenues as well as informing citizens’ voices on the sector. To further this feat, Penplusbytes introduces a 12-month fellowship program for independent researchers, scholars, media and non-media practitioners who wish to conduct research and contribute to Penplusbytes’ Extractives (Mining, Oil and Gas) thematic area.The objective of this program is for fellows to provide leadership by highlighting key issues that will contribute to enhancing transparency and accountability in Ghana’s oil and gas sector.
Listed below are the minimum selection criteria for applicants who wish to partake in the fellowship program;
- Minimum of Bachelor degree
- Candidates must possess creativity in their area of work, a willingness to develop their skills and the capacity to expand their expertise
- Candidates must be interested in contributing to Penplusbytes’ Extractives (Mining, Oil and Gas) thematic area
- Candidates are to submit a statement of purpose, resume, copies of certificates and two recommendation letters attesting to their research capability
- Candidates are to provide evidence of published articles (minimum 4)
A Penplusbytes Extractive Sector Media Fellowship offers fellows the underlisted benefits:
- Participation in selected Penplusbytes training sessions,seminars, roundtables, capacity building workshops, field trips and other activities
- Free publication of articles and research papers on Penplusbytes online platforms and dissemination of scholarly works
- Opportunity to provide research services for projects
- Networking opportunities with other fellows
- Fellows: Must meet fellowship criteria above. A maximum of five (5) Fellows will be accepted annually.
- Senior Fellow: Senior fellows are independent researchers operating at the level of tenured faculty related to research necessary to the extractive programs of Penplusbytes. A maximum of three (3) senior Fellows will be accepted annually.
- Visiting Fellow: Visiting Fellows are scholars and practitioners who wish to conduct research and writing for a limited period of time, but do not require any financial assistance. While Visiting Fellows do not receive financial assistance, they do have access to Penplusbytes’ state of the art multi-functional new digital technological space known as the New Media Hub located at Osu, near the Ako Adjei Park. Visiting Fellows may participate in Penplusbytes events and must meet criteria for Fellows. A maximum of three (3) visiting Fellows will be accepted annually.
Requirements for Visiting Fellow
If you are interested in an unfunded Visiting Fellowship, it is recommended that you first send a preliminary e-mail or letter of enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org a brief summary of your project, the desired dates of the fellowship and a C.V., in order to determine slot availability. Visiting Fellowship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. To receive timely consideration, enquiries and applications must be received at least six months in advance of the proposed starting date of the fellowship.
Fellowship lasts for 12 months and must be renewed annually.
Applicants who wish to partake inPenplusbytes’ Extractive Sector Media Fellowship Program must submit applications to this email: email@example.com.