PROJECT MANAGER NEEDED
Job Description: Project Manager External
Job Title: Project Manager – External
Position Type: Project Management
Job Family: General Project Management
The Project Manager is responsible for managing with results all aspects of aftermarket service projects for the organisation’s Industrial Gas Turbines (IGT), Aeroderivative Gas Turbines (AGT), Compressors and Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment on assigned customer fleet.
Designs, develops and manages customer projects, according to defined Project Management (PM) standards and customer requirements, and with end-to-end responsibility for economic results, quality, schedule and EHS.
- Consults with customers on technical solutions, together with Sales Manager or Key Account Manager
- Clarifies customers’ targets and requirements, and/or specification in request for proposal (REP).
- Prepares participation in tender, and leads negotiation with customers.
- Coordinates overall planning of the project and decides on allocation of resources.
- Clarifies specification and continuously liaise with accountable Project Manager Internal.
- Monitors milestone and adherence to budgets, and initiates actions to minimise nonconformance cost.
- Maintains constant communication with customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
- May coordinate agreed commissioning measures onsite, together with Site Engineering Management,
- Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g, Tax regulations, Export Control, EMS).
- Manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
- Executing the project within the defined requirements (cost, time and quality).
- Ensuring business success and satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensuring professional stakeholder management.
- Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Performing outage planning and obtaining customer confirmation
- Ensuring resource planning and availability, including spare parts and manpower
- Ensuring that project status and progress are effectively communicated to customer and the organisation’s management.
- Serves as the single point of contact to the customer and coordinates communication between the organisation’s internal functions and Product Competence Centres involved in the project
- Manages and negotiates VOs and other changes to the contract within the scope of work
- Ensures that project risks are identified and managed throughout the entire life cycle of the project
- Maintains master issue list and lesson learnt document
- Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS). • Previous working experience in aftermarket service of rotating equipment (turbines, compressors) and product knowledge will be an added advantage
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering or Sciences
- 5-7 years of PM experience in Oil & Gas Industry. Must be able to support Operations and Sales
- Must demonstrate good understanding of project management fundamentals techniques and standards
- Preferable with Project Management Professional (PMP) certification for external candidates
- Have either valid PMP licence or must attain licence within six months of employment
- Good understanding of installation & commissioning processes
- Good leadership ability within a matrix team environment
- PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, project scheduling with MS project and/or Primavera
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with international customers and vendors and ability to interact with various internal and external stakeholders of diversified cultural mix
- Must be results-oriented and able to work with energy and enthusiasm under time pressure, having ownership culture mindset.
- General knowledge of Rotating Equipment (Turbines, Compressors) will be an added advantage
- Self-motivated with embedded ownership culture
- Capable and willing to meet greater than 50% local and international travel requirements
Send your CVs and application now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted