SENIOR OFFICER -COMMUNICATIONS
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of Anglo-Gold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem)Ltd (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Senior Officer –Communications.
The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to the Superintendent – Stakeholder Engagement and Communications, to develop, manage and improve an effective and efficient system to keep employees and the public well-informed of company developments with the aim of increasing reputation of the mine and maintaining a strong relationship with stakeholders.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure safe and healthy working environment for self and others in compliance with the mine’s HSE policy and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that the mine’s communications activities foster full respect for and preserve the dignity, human rights, aspirations, cultures and religions of employees and the public.
- Develop and implement effective internal communications mechanisms to create awareness among employees about news and events as appropriate.
- Develop content for the Mine’s newsletters and ensure timely publication and dissemination.
- Develop and manage relationships with local and national media to secure and generate increased positive media coverage for the Mine in line with AngloGold Ashanti protocols in efficient and timely manner.
- Developand produce high-quality, informative and interesting press releases, press kits and related materials in consultation with Group communications.
- Monitor media stories relating to the company and maximize opportunities for position media coverage.
- Conduct media competitor analysis to inform media relations decisions
- Support stakeholder engagement activities.
- Must possess a Bachelors’ degree or relevant qualification in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field with not less than 4 years’ experience in similar role.
- A strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, and professional printing/ publishing skills.
- A strong research and content creation skills.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in the media landscape.
- Excellent media relations’ skills, as well as ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and excellent leadership skills.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving licence
Mode of Application
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Monday, 27thAugust , 2018:
- The Senior Manager –Human Resources
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem)Limited
P.O. BOX 283
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.