SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE -MiDA
MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (MiDA)
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Meter Management System (MMS) for
Electricity Company of Ghana LIMITED (ECG)
- The Republic of Ghana and the United States of America acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) have entered into a Millennium Challenge Compact on August 5, 2014 under which MCC will provide funding to the Government of Ghana (the “Government”), in an amount not to exceed four Hundred and Ninety-Eight Million, Two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars (US$498,200,000) (“MCC Funding”) to facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth (the “Compact”). Pursuant to the terms of the Compact, the Government committed to providefunding as a Government contribution to support implementation of the Compact in an amount equal to no less than seven and one – half percent (7.5%) of the amount of funding provided by MCC in the Compact (the ‘Government Contribution”).
- TheGovernment of Ghana (“GOG”), acting through the Millennium Development Authority (“MIDA” or “MCA Entity”), intends to apply a portion of the MCC Funding to eligible payments under a contract for which this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is issued. Any payments made by the MCA Entity under the proposed contract will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and condition of the Compact and related documents, including restrictions on the use and distribution of MCC Funding. No party other than Government and the MCA Entity shall derive any rights from the Compact or have any claim to the proceeds of MCC Funding. The Compact and its related documents can be found on the MCC website (mcc.gov) and on the website of the MCA Entity.
- The goal of the Compact program is to reduce poverty through economic growth in Ghana.The Objectives of the Compact program are to:
- Increase private sector investment and productivity and profitability of micro, small, medium and large-scale businesses;
- (b)Increase employment opportunities for men and women; and
- Raise earning potential from self –employment and improved outcomes for men and women.
The program consists of six (6) projects: (i) the ECG Financial and Operational Turnaround Project; (ii) the NEDCo Financial and Operational Building Project; (iii) the Regulatory Strengthen and Capacity Building Project; (iv) the Access project; (v) the Power Generation Sector Improvement Project; and (vi) the Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management Project.
MCC’s assistance will be provided in a manner that responds to constraints to economic growth by aiming to improve the reliability and quality of power in Ghana.
The Compact program will be executed over a period of five (5) years upon entry into force (EIF) of the Compact on 6th September ,2016.
- This Bid Document follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared in dgMarket and UNDBOnline on 3rdOctober ,2017, on MiDA website mida.gov.gh, on 4thOctober, 2017, and in the local media, The Ghana Daily Graphic on 10th October 2017, The Ghanaian Times on 6thOctober,2017 and the Business & Financial Times on 5thOctober 2017.
- The Purchaser requests interested Bidders to submit sealed bids for the supply, installation and commissioning of a Meter Management System (MMS) and Associated Integration to Other System. All eligible Bidders are encouraged to apply. Please note that no pre-qualification has been undertaken for this procurement. The selection process as described includes a qualification step, which shall include a review of past performance, and a reference check and shall be subject to verification prior to the contract award.
- A supplier will be selected using the Competitive Bidding procedures as described in the Bidding Document accompanying this invitation for Bids. Bidders are advised that these procedures are governed by MCC Program Procurement guidelines which can found on the MCC website at https://www.mcc.gov/pages/business/guidelines and its amendments. Although these procedures are similar to those set out in the World Bank Standard Bidding Document for Procurement of Supply and Installation of Information Systems (Single-stage Bidding), there are several significant differences and firms are advised to review these instructions carefully.
- Please note that a pre-Bid Conference will be held at the Swiss Spirit Alisa Hotel, 8thAvenue Extension, North Ridge, Accra, on 22ndMay 2018 at 10:00 hours as described in the Bid Data Sheet (“BDS”), Section II of this Bidding Document. Please note that a site visit will be organized immediately following the pre-Bid Conference.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the form and amount specified in BDS ITB 17.1 Bids must be delivered to the address and in the manner specified in BDS ITB 20.2(a), no later than 15:00 hours local Ghana time 6thJuly, 2018. Bids will be opened in a public Bid opening at the address and time specified in BDS ITB 24.1.
- Submission from Bidders will be evaluated by a Bid Review Panel (BRP’) in accordance with Section I, Bid Opening and Evaluation, and Section III, Bidder Qualification Requirements.
- Prospective Bidders interested in submitting a Bid SHOULD REQUEST THE Bid Document by sending an E-mail , giving full contact details (full physical address, phone numbers and email address(es)) of the organization and relevant contact person(s)) to the MiDA Procurement Agent at email@example.com. The Bid Document and any subsequent information will be issued on receipt of complete information by the MiDA Procurement Agent.
- The Bids should be received by the Purchaser no later than 15:00 hours local Ghana time on 6thJuly 2018,in the Tender Box, at the Millennium Development Authority, 4thFloor, Heritage Tower, 6thAvenue Ridge West, Accra. Bidders should be aware that distance and customs formalities may require longer than expected delivery time. Late Bids will not be accepted under any circumstances and will be returned unopened at the written request and cost of the Bidder.
Please note that electronic Bids shall not be accepted.
For Millennium Development Authority
3rdFloor, Heritage Tower
6thAvenue, Ridge West
SPN Issued Date: 25thApril 2018