Springfield E&P: Project Controls Manager
Springfield Exploration and Production Limited (SEP) is one of the newest entrants into Ghana’s rapidly growing oil and gas industry. SEP is seeking an experienced Project Controls Manager who will be accountable for the creation and maintenance of the processes and systems required for effective planning, scheduling and control of the project. The role includes leadership of the project, controls team, including direct reports for planning, cost control, estimation and risk/opportunity management, (change control). this role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
The Project Controls Manager will support the Project Manager (PM) to develop project scope, work breakdown structure, control account structure and associated techniques ( i.e Rules of credit, forecast trends) to appropriately monitor, control and report on delivery of the project to schedule, time and cost.
- Establishing and maintaining the project controls governance arrangements at functional level to support delivery of the project
- Clearly define the project controls discipline lead roles and responsibilities aligned to project controls and wider project organisation structure
- Leadership of the Project Controls team
- Establish the processes, systems and techniques to plan, monitor, control and report on delivery of the project to schedule, time and cost
- Define the controls structures such as work breakdown, control account, resource library
- Establish the performance baseline and process for measurement of progress against the base position in terms of schedule, time and cost
- Develop, implement and maintain quality management processes for schedule integrity (Acumen FUSE, Project Assurance Framework)
- Establish and maintain processes to identify and track risks and opportunities and apply risk modelling periodically (timeline to be agreed with PM) to assess programme/project confidence levels
- Develop and produce performance reports to the JV and SEP
- Establish and maintain processes to identify, define, evaluate, plan track and realize cost and schedule benefits
- Strategic recommendations to the project leadership team on how the project resources (people, materials, supply chain) should be allocated to optimize the schedule and project performance
Required Knowledge, Competencies, Skills and Experience
The role suits an individual with a proven track record in successfully leading a schedule driven Project Controls team within the oil and gas industry. The person needs to command respect within the JV and across the client’s organization; be a strong leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate the project controls and wider functions n the project. Excellent planning and cost management skills are essential for success, along with the ability to objectively assess project, client and JV executive levels
In particular, the candidate will ideally have:
- 15 years’ experience within the Upstream Oil and Gas sector
- 10+ years Earned Value Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex schedule driven projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope
- Experience of joint ventures
- Well organized and methodical
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Able to work without day-to-day supervision
Qualified applicants should send their CV’s to email@example.com.
Closing date is 2 weeks from date of publication. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.