SUPERINTENDENT – SECURITY OPERATORS AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM)
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM LIMITED)
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AnglGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Ltd (AAIL), is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Superintendent – Security Operators.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Senior Manager – Security to formulate, manage and implement the security objectives of the Company.
- Plan and guide the security operational team in setting up and implementing their safety roles and accountabilities towards the achievement of an incident free working environment
- Plan and manage private security services contract in line with standard key performance indicators (KPI’s) in a manner that achieves value for money
- Undertake guard force planning, training and management so as to achieve a professional security team capable of protecting the assets and properties of AngloGold Ashanti – Iduapriem Mine.
- Assist in the implementation of gold security standards and policies in manner that meets international and standard requirements
- Carry out quarterly security risk assessment of AngloGold Ashanti’s facilities to identify emerging threats and roll out measures to mitigate them
- Work with security shifty supervisors to respond to all incidents of security and safety interest
- Work with senior security supervisors to achieve daily, weekly and monthly security deployment targets
- Strive to achieve best value in the work undertaken and where possible develop and maintain best practice
- Maintain a intelligence function to ensure early warning of matters that may affect the well-being of the company
- Must possess a Degree in the Social Sciences with not less than 10 years of industrial experience in Management and must have served with the Military or Police with a rank not below Major or Superintendent, respectively or must have served as Senior Security Officer in a Company for not less than three (3) years.
- A proven ability to manage and control security personnel
- A good knowledge of fraud detection strategies and investigation procedures
- A good knowledge of provisions of the Health and Safety at work legislation
- Excellent communication and liaison skills at all levels with Management, employees and other stakeholders
- Knowledge in security systems and demonstrable knowledge of Security risk assessment
- A good standard of computer literacy (including MS Office: Email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A good sense of responsibility and initiative
- Physical and mental alertness
Mode of Application
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Monday, 23rdJuly, 2018:
- The Senior Manager – Human Resources
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P. O. Box 283
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview