THERMAL PLANTING – MECHANICAL ENGINEER
A reputable international power company in Ghana. The mechanical Engineer will be a direct interface between the Lead Mechanical Engineer and the Mechanical Technicians in the plant. The Mechanical Engineer will support the Lead Mechanical Engineer to provide mechanical engineering maintenance support for the Combined Cycle Power Plant to increase availability, reliability, efficiency and safety of the power generation Plant in Ghana.
- Support the Lead Mechanical Engineer in the planning of all preventive and corrective mechanical works
- Supervise mechanical technicians in the maintenance , repair, modification, installation and testing of all types of mechanical equipment (e.g compressors, fans ,centrifuges blowers, heat exchangers pumps, piping, turbines, gearboxes, conveyor equipment, mobile equipment used in the generation of steam and electricity).
- Supervise the installation of new mechanical equipment as required
- Coordinates mechanical maintenance work with contractors as necessary.
- Analyze equipment failure and generate reports to prevent recurrence of faults.
- Prepare work documents such as preventive maintenance plans, risk assessments and job hazard analysis required to perform safety, effective and efficient maintenance.
- Work within the team to develop a culture where everyone embraces, upholds and accepts responsibility, for a safe workplace , a healthy working life, a sustainable environment and the right and duty to intervene.
- Use power plant maintenance procedures and equipment technical manuals to maintain and repair equipment and ensure equipment is maintained within Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) guidelines.
- Fully support the use of a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo) by demonstrating proficiency in using the system, entering data consistent with fellow employees and dedication to the Power Plant maintenance philosophy.
- Handle corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance work orders in a timely and high quality manner. Show diligence in documenting spare parts usage and re-ordering.
- Update mechanical drawings and prints as required.
- Assist in the preparation of operating expenditure budget for the mechanical section.
Education Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited Institution.
- A minimum of Five (5) years technical experience in Combined Cycle Power Plant experience.
- A minimum of Ten (10) years technical experience in power Plant experience at the level of a supervisor
- Membership of recognized professional engineering institution in good standing.
- Ability to interact with people from diverse cultures.
- Must be willing and able to provide clear technical direction and information to other employees and members of management.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret advanced mechanical drawings, assembly drawings, technical manuals and P&ID’s
- Adept at troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with mechanical equipment with the ability to apply a resolution in a timely fashion.
- Leads and champions safety in all aspects of their work
- Exemplifies integrity-work effectively with peers and teams in a variety of contexts and situations.
- Pursues and expects excellence
- Identifies and recommends process improvements in own working environment
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to engage a dynamic and diverse team in a unionized environment.
- Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize workload for self and team.
- Must to be proactive, pragmatic and capable of delivering results
Interested applicants should please apply with their CVs, on or before 31st October, 2018 to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.