VACANCIES AT AKER ENERGY
Elidel Prestige Ltd (EPL), an oil and gas recruitment and manpower management company, is recruiting the following positions on behalf of its client, Aker Energy, a member of the Aker Group and the operating company of the Deepwater Tano Cape Three Points block (“DWT/CTP, in Ghana. Aker Energy aims to become the offshore oil and gas operator of choice in Ghana. Aker Energy is committed to delivering training and industrial development by contributing with several direct and indirect job opportunities in Ghana through its operations, as well as the know-how and experience successfully developed in the Norwegian petroleum industry over the last 30 years.
The Project Controller will be, responsible for data gathering, management and analytical processes used to predict, understand and constructively influence the time and cost outcomes of the project; through the communication of information in formats that assist effective management and decision-making.
The Role reports to the Project Control Manager
- Cost/ Commitment control and forecasting according to Budgets and Baselines
- Organise and establish Baseline updates; Liaise with the company’s Accounting Department/Finance
- Participate in development and negotiations of contracts
- Monitor and make analysis of Contractor performance, including cost estimates, bids, change, orders, invoices, quantities, material/labour rates, physical engineering/construction/commissioning and start-up progress
- Perform audits and examinations of internal and external (contractor) work processes, procedures and deliverables; Monthly reporting
- Liaise with Project Manager, Project Planning Engineer, Project Accountant, Contracts/Procurements staff, Engineering disciplines and Quality Management.
- Develop and maintain local procedures and systems for project control
- Participate in establishing the Cost Control System
- Extensive experience with project controls for large industrial construction project i.e. cost control, scheduling and estimating, project accounting, commercial issues/claim negotiations, risk and change management
- Knowledge and hands-on Cost Control systems (i.e EcoSys, Prism or similar)
- Degree in Engineering or other relevant fields
- Good Communication skills — written and oral
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
Learning and Development Specialist
The successful role holder will be involved with developing and implementing employee learning and development strategies and supporting systems and structures that lead to greater staff engagement. In this role, the Learning and Development Specialist will support the organisation in clarifying employee skill gaps and training needs to help identify strategies that will build employees into highly impactful and effective contributors and leaders. The ideal candidate must be passionate about fostering a culture of learning within a growing organisation and comes with a deep understanding of professional learning and the ability to design meaningful and effective learning experiences.
The position is based in Accra.
The Role Reports to the Human Resource Manager
Employer Learning and Development
- Develop and execute the company’s learning and development strategy focused on empowering employees with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their roles
- Develop and implement relevant learning and development programmes for leaders and managers in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives and goals and in collaboration with HR and Senior Leadership
- Conduct needs analyses and utilize performance management data to identify employee learning and development needs; recommend and/or design learning solutions
- Create and implement frameworks for assessing, measuring and tracking learning and development programming and demonstrating return to the organisation; provide senior leadership with ongoing reporting and analysis of developmental activities
- Collaborate with internal departments and teams to develop and implement training content for new hire training and onboarding and ongoing professional development. Ensure access and equitable processes related to training opportunities.
Learning and Development Systems and Structures
- Implement and refine a performance management framework and process that defines effective performance and how to evaluate employees against that definition.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the company’s core organizational and position-specific competencies that create clarity on potential career pathways at the company.
- Liaise with HR to create and implement a succession planning process for the organisation that identifies critical roles and potential successors and leadership development programmes for such individuals.
- Design and refine internal job description templates and qualifications mapped to various position levels
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to managers on performance management.
Team and Organizational Support
- Support the company in practicing its values, with major focus on leading and contributing to initiatives that drive the company’s culture of learning
- Serve as an advisor, trainer, coach and expert to all staff in the areas of employee learning and development
A minimum of 3-4 years of experience recommending, developing, designing and/or managing organisation-wide learning programmes in line with business outcomes and company values.
- Expertise in instructional design, adult learning, learning technology tools, performance management and project management.
- Driven to build a high performing organisation with a responsive approach to drive results.
- Strong communicator, advisor and negotiator, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Skilled at coaching others, supporting them in identifying their development areas and navigating solutions.
- Help identify challenges and facilitate solutions.
- Good organizational and management skills to enable the juggling of numerous team priorities.
- Passionate about inclusion in the workplace to ensure all employees have opportunities to learn and earn to their full potential.
- Ability to manage employee diversity along the lines of race, gender, class and other related identities.
The Communications Advisor will develop and execute an effective communications strategy to build a positive image for the company in Ghana.
The Role reports to Government Affairs/External Relations Manager
- Drive the stakeholder and communication strategy and plans that deliver clear value for the company to promote the reputation of the company among stakeholders.
- Advise leadership of the company on positions to take amongst several competing messaging by analyzing different information sources
- Assist with the preparation of presentation by leadership to various audiences.
- Develop and continuously review company’s communication policy document to be used in Ghana.
- With the external affairs and communications departments, ensure there are no negative impacts on the company, manage proactive media relations and news management strategy in Ghana, including media monitoring, the delivery of events, press conferences, interviews and briefings as appropriate, as well as generating news stories
- Support engagement with national and international media to ensure clear communication and understanding of the company’s operations in Ghana
- Build and maintain relationships with media nationally and in the Western Region
- Provide ongoing orientation for the media on the company’s operations to ensure appropriate reportage
- Conduct periodic training for the in-country staff and contractors on media engagements
- Coach staff who deal with the media to have appropriate knowledge on how to interact with the media
Branding and Public Relations
- Liaise closely with the company’s communications department to ensure that all external communications build brand awareness and meet business objectives of the company
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including government entities, traditional leaders, communities, industry associations among others to ensure that the company’s activities achieve the desired results
- Promote and ensure visibility of the company through designing and executing a robust brand strategy
- Support the External Relations Manager to build and pursue a stakeholder management programme in support of the business needs of the company
- Coach and ensure that staff who deal with government agencies have appropriate knowledge on how to interact with the government.
- Design, develop and drive a communication plan relating to the company’s social investment programme in Ghana
- Provide proactive communications support and assistance for social investment activities
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the company’s social investment programme, as well as reputation among key community stakeholders.
- Develop learning tools to capture lessons from the social investment programmes, including providing regular updates and stories for the website and other publications.
- Support to manage and drive the company’s issues management strategies. Advise management on the implementation of proactive response plans to emerging issues with a view to help preserve, maintain and enhance the company’s reputation with key external stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze the internal and external environments to identify, develop and advise on appropriate strategies to manage issues and their potential impact on the company’s activities.
- Advise management on communication strategies with a view to help preserve and enhance the company’s reputation amongst internal and external stakeholders
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications, media relations and/or public affairs for a major multinational or national organisation
- Clear understanding of key stakeholder groups in the oil and gas industry and how these groups interface with related issues
- Proven media relations skills and relationships with top-tier media; experience as a corporate spokesperson
- Proven networking and influencing skills; Possess excellent communications and presentation skills
- Strong media contact base; High level of diplomacy, tact and perceptiveness
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite
- Ability to project a confident image to executives, peers, and business associates
The Security Advisor will be responsible for security at Aker Energy Ghana, regarding Personnel, buildings, assets, activity and information and for integrating security with safety-related preparedness and emergency response.
- Encourage a security culture throughout Aker Energy Ghana
- Manage security at work: Access to locations, travel security, and supply chain security
- Develop and implement security policies and security procedures
- Ensure that information is recorded, handled and stored according to Aker Energy’s policies and procedures.
- Plan and prepare Aker Energy Ghana’s response to security incidents. Train and guide the staff.
- Monitor, assess and report the security situations and concerns within Aker Energy Ghana’s area of operations and projects
- Conduct and follow up security audits, security reviews and lessons learned from daily issues, exercises and real-world incidents.
- Assess contracts and delivery of services in a security perspective.
- Conduct background checks and compliance with relevant security standards of vendors.
- Support the implementation and reviews of Aker Energy’s emergency preparedness strategy and plans for emergency response and business continuity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in security management and surveillance preferably in an oil & gas sector.
- Experience in preparing, guiding and implementing information security
- Up to date on modern and innovative security services, technics and systems.
- Must be able to interface with different levels of management to communicate securitymeasures
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan ahead and take initiative in resolving problems
- Ability to direct and lead others.
- Must be self –motivated and self –starter
- Detail- oriented
Contracts and Procurement Lead
- The Contracts and Procurement Lead Aker’s Ghana Business Unit in meeting its objectives through the coordination and oversight of all contracting activities: Assigning contracting tasks, monitoring progress and ensuring the effective supervision and performance of all C&P Personnel
The Role reports to the Supply Chain Manager,
- Through supervising, coaching and mentoring, continuously develop and improve the skills and ability of all personnel within the C&P team.
- Oversee the development & implementation of all procurement strategies.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of an accurate procurement plan that provides a 3 year look-ahead of activity
- Ensure the Company direction of maximizing local content and its delivery is clearly implemented in all contracting strategies and subsequent contracts
- Accountable for the development, compilation and conduct of contracting strategies, invitations to tender and contract awards, and for ensuring all such C&P activity is compliant with C&P processes and procedures
- Ensure governance and compliance obligations are fully addressed and documented, including a) compliance with the company’s Anti-Corruption Due Diligence standards; b) compliance with the Partner approval process as documented in relevant joint operating agreements; c) compliance with the Petroleum Commission’s Ways of Working
- Ensure effective administration of contracts through to contract close out
- Ensure the provision of support to contract owners and budget holders in support of the contract management process, on post-award contractual interpretation and administration matters
- Undertakes other duties within his or her capability or qualification level as may be reasonably required.
- Subject to necessary approvals being in place pursuant to the company’s Delegation of Authority (DOA), commitment authority to award purchase orders and contracts for goods, works and services
- A minimum of 8 years’ evidenced experience
- Experienced in managing medium to large multi-category teams of contracting and procurement professionals.
- A track record of developing and coaching team members and delivering an increase in the overall capability and capacity of contracting teams
- Contracts formulation and negotiation experience, operational and indirect procurement and ideally, but not exclusively, Oil & Gas with substantive exposure to all disciplines and Issues within the supply chain.
- Complete understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain.
- International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment, and an understanding of the requirements of end-users.
- Proven experience of negotiating complex contracts is paramount; with the following academic qualifications being advantageous; preferably to Degree level in a business, engineering or management-related subject; CIPS preferred.
The Contracts Administrator will lead in-country procurement assignments, generally dealing with material and services sourcing, accounts payable processes interface, vendor issues, general supplier relations and cross-departmental support.
Post award administration requirements and the reporting of contractor performance management. The Contracts Administrator will be involved in the development and Implementation of Local Content strategy within the Contractor, Supplier or Vendor base having regard to directions given by the SCM Local Content Development & Delivery group
- Ensures the company direction of maximizing local content and its delivery is clearly implemented in all contracts and purchase orders.
- To liaise and take direction from his or her supervisor in respect of the Local Content Development & Delivery group
- Ensures governance and compliance obligations are fully addressed and documented
- Assists in or oversees administration of contracts and orders through to close-out
- Develops, compiles and conducts pre-qualification exercises, pre-tender meetings, invitation to tender documentation, tender openings and evaluation of tenders received, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, exceptions and deviations.
- Addresses associated variations and claims with contractors.
- Provides support to Operations team or contract/budget holder in support of the contract management process, on post-award contractual interpretation and administration matters
- Provides regular reports on activities; Attends progress meetings and presents updates as required
- Undertakes other duties within his or her capability or qualification level as may be reasonably required
- A minimum of 3 years in contracts and procurement.
- Degree or diploma in a business or management related subject; CIPS preferred
- Industrial operations experience, preferably in Oil and Gas environment.
- Contracting experience, coupled with purchasing, logistics, supply chain and materials management activities
Chief Compliance Officer
The Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for conducting periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed. The role will also assess product, compliance or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
The Role reports to the General Manager
- Oversee internal reporting systems such as corporate compliance hotlines and inform employees about these systems.
- Develops and conducts online and in person corporate compliance education and training throughout the company.
- Manages personal regulatory investigations domestically and internationally as needed.
- Supports activities surrounding anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
- Analyses new or modified federal and state laws in Ghana with Head office
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with internal organisation to enhance corporate compliance activities.
- Assists with regulatory matters and corporate compliance initiatives as needed.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have Eight plus (8+) years gaming or regulatory experience.
- Must have good understanding of Oil & Gas industry,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to interact professionally, diplomatically and effectively with government authorities from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Requires the ability to analyze and gauge applicability of legislations and regulations.
- Must be a highly motivated individual that can work independently and manage competing priorities in an unstructured, dynamic environment.
- Must possess the ability to exercise sound and independent judgment and be able to thoroughly analyze the potential consequences of a decision.
- Requires frequent domestic travel and may have some international travel
Qualified professionals should send their CVs to email@example.com. Closing date is one week from date of publication.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.