VACANCIES AT MODEC
MODEC is a dynamic multi-national company operating from more than 25 countries and employing over 2,500 people. We provide Floating Production System operation and maintenance services around the world, with a regional office in New Plymouth, providing operating services for the Maari Field.
- OPERATIONS COST AND CONTRACT LEAD
Duties / Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance and updating of the CMMS worldflows to assign accountability for annual budgets at a system level in the Ghana business unit.
- Ensure accurate costs and committed values are being pulled into OPEST for budgeting and reporting (whether from Maximo or other ERP sources).
- Populating and analyzing monthly cost data to ensure accurate reporting sufficient explanation of the unbudgeted O&M costs, non-O&M costs, and O&M savings realized monthly.
- KPI scheme reporting compilation and trend analysis against BIF for improvements as it relates to annual budgeting process and mapping to actual maintenance plan. This also includes the populating of the KPI scheme for JEAM and managing/ realizing the synergies between the two schemes.
- Utilize synergy opportunities between Jubilee and JEAM FPSO Operations to take advantage of economies of scale, bulk discounting and shared inventory management.
- Assigning onshore and offshore contract and budget owners, measuring accuracy compared to annual budget, and explaining variances in monthly reporting to support improved forecasting.
- Maintain MGL contracts register and improve the utilization of master service agreements instead of Purchase Orders to obtain fixed rate pricing and ease ETC forecasting on work scopes, ensuring synergies proposes for both vessels are acceptable and achieved.
- Work with senior managers and corporate managers to develop one, two and five year business plans for the company.
- Assist to implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Support MGL Financial Controller as primary liaison relative to company financial issues.
- Support business unit as a subject matter expert on ERP system (SAP)
- A combination of the completion of a Bachelors and /or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Economics or Engineering five to ten years of experience in a senior level finance or accounting or FPSO operations position, and preferably a CPA/ACCA.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgetting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and/or International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of automated financial, accounting and budget reporting systems.
- Knowledge of FPSO industry and experience in supplier contract management.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets and product-line profitability analysis.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials withing tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- COMMERCIAL AND CONTRACT S LEAD
Duties / Responsibilities
- To provide Commercial and Contractual support to MGL and liaising with SPC, MMS and MINC on Commercial activities.
- TEN SPC liaisons for all Engineering and MoC work scopes supporting commercial/contract issues under EPCI and OPS contract of MGL. Negotiate and get required approval (when needed) by partners and lenders to implement change orders, amendments and/or take fundamental business decisions of SPCs by proper communication and explanation to SPC partners in accordance to contract requirement and procedures.
- TEN Financial Warranty & Operations Focal point ensuring correct application of costs.
- TEN engineering support gaining SPC approval. Report and explain the status of projects, negotiations, change order and disputes to SPC partners in order to keep them aware about ongoing business by the preparation of periodical reports and coordination of management meeting with partners.
- JV Commercial & Financial lead – supporting the activities in the JV formation and Management
- SAP implementation liaison with Singapore providing support to Finance Team.
- Individual Project commercial support where identified.
- MV25 KPI support for BIF Factors and providing Financial Model for MV 21 & MV 25 KPI processes.
- Tax structure lead –providing Tax risk/exposure modeling to the Team.
- International Oil& Gas experience in a minimum of Lead role, preferably in core business location – Japan, UK or Ghana with knowledge of Upstream and Commercial activities.
- Fluent in English & Japanese written and spoken, Microsoft Office, SAP packages knowledge.
- Ability to adapt to varying cultures and requirements.
- SHUTDOWN COORDINATOR
- Manage the shutdown planning input to the corporate, long term and associated budget plans.
- Develop detailed shutdown schedules in Primavera working with the planner, identying critical path activities overall shutdown durations and resource requirements .
- Develop detailed shutdown manpower histograms within POB constraints and provide advice on the most efficient use of resources in implementing the shutdown activities.
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of the shutdown lifecycle, long term planning, strategy, preparation, pre-work, work, post work and feedback.
- Analyse the detailed shutdown plans, identify potential conflicts and deviations and propose solutions to optimize the overall shutdown schedule.
- Prepare/present planning data for ad-hoc and regular meetings with the company, Partner and Contractor’s Management.
- Develop and maintain work lists and trackers to complement the shutdown plan and report on readiness during the preparation and pre-work phases.
- Ensure the CMMS maintenance management system is maintained for all planned shutdown activities to reflect the schedule and resource requirements within overall integrated shutdown plan
- Ensure schedule and resource actuals and lessons learnt for PM activities are captured in CMMS. Maintenance plans during the closeout phase, to ensure continuous improvement for future repeat shutdown PM activities .
- Liaise with Contractor’s Management and planning representatives to clarify and ensure the delivery of planning information in accordance with the requirements of the overall shutdown strategy.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel through effective communication and by regular to offshore installations.
- Shutdown coordinator will have +10 x years previous Shutdown & Turnaround experience in engineering/maintenance/operations/projects within Oil & Gas Industry.
- ONC/HNC/HND/Degree in a Maintenance related technical subject.
- Highly experience in the use of planning tools and techniques
- Significant knowledge of Gas facilities refurbishment and maintenance projects.
- High level of interpersonal skills, ability to deal with a continuously changing and demanding environment and a large number of activities within short time scales .
- High level of administration skills and computer literacy.
- DEPUTY QUALITY ASSURANCE/QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
The company Quality Assurance and Control Manager is the representative of the Project/ Operation and has the responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the quality management system.
This position has the responsibility for the, coordination and inspection of all procured items for the FPSO or Operation as outlined in “Key activities/responsibilities below
- The preparation of the companies QA manual control and supervision of all amendments and revisions.
- Review and implementation of QA/QC procedures and implementing new and improved procedures.
- Control and the distribution of all Project Quality documentation
- Monitor all quality related activities on the project.
- Perform all internal and external audits on behalf of the company’s management.
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
- Attend client quality management meetings.
- Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the operations quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site Materials & Logistics Manager
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site Procurement managers.
- Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the site the customer’s representatives.
- Monitor statistical method reporting.
- Action and close all client/customer complaints.
- Compliance/Certification to Statutory requirements, Standards and Operations Specification.
- The coordination and resolution of any nonconforming product Reviewing vendors QA/QC systems in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Coordination of vendor quality approvals when required.
- Ensure the verification of documentation and certificates for materials purchased by vendors.
- Review supplier inspection procedures and personnel qualifications.
- Review supplier material certificates
- Take part in supplier audit and surveillances.
- Coordinate with the companies discipline engineers for the resolution of technical discrepancies.
- Coordinate with management for quality improvements .
- Issue and track all nonconformance reports, where applicable.
- Ensures the quality records, acceptance certificates, mechanical completion certificates and the documentation for specific systems and building/areas are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements.
- Training/mentoring and education of all staff in all QA/QC activities with the Operations
- Sc. degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) from a reputable international institution is a prerequisite .
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Refinery and/or Petrochemical industries for project engineering and design, development, construction followed by commissioning and operations.
- Experience in Oil & Gas QA/QC (at least 5 years);
- Experience in Quality Management Plans creation and Quality Management Implementation and controls;
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, word-processing, project /schedule software, and electronic purchasing system (AMOS) experience.
- Organizational skills and analytical mindset.
- ASSET MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Will take responsibility for sustainable business by managing asset (FPSOs) in good and safe conditions over the asset entire life cycle from bidding PCI, operation to the end of charter period on behalf of and representing asset owner (SPC).
During Operation phase
- Receives Deficiency Notice from Tullow or NAM (Notice to Asset Management) from O&M Subcontractor and confirms whether or not a Defect exists with communication with client on behalf of SPC prior to hand it over to EPCI CONTRACTOR:
- Issues WCM (Warranlty Claim Notice) to EPCI Contractor in case Defect raised by Client and/or O&M Subcontractor is caused by EPCI contractor complete the Remedial work on Behalf of SPC.
- Submits Deficiency Notice Log and Warranty Claim Log to SPC partners every month and holds tele-conferences or face-to-face meeting with SPC partners if required and reports major activity and /or event from time to time.
- Master Degree
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Very good English language skills and Competent in the use of PC Applications (Ms Office suite or equivalent).
- Ability to adapt to varying cultures and requirements.
- OFFSHORE EXECUTION SUPERVISOR
To manage and supervise contractor labours for execution of offshore job including piping replacement, system modification, system upgrade and/or major maintenance
- To coordinate with Offshore Execution lead for the offshore execution activities.
- To check and verify material, tool &equipment that make sure sufficient for the job.
- To manage contractor labours for performing of activities as planned.
- To prepare PTW and make sure all HSEQ to be complied with while performing the work.
- To carry out site survey and carry out measurements and identify MTO for new work scope.
- Technical Diploma in Mechanical/Piping/Electrical Engineering.
- Experience for offshore construction, installation for piping , equipment installation, maintenance, electrical cable installation.
- Understanding of P&ID, Isometrics and Electrical Single line diagram
- Understanding MODEC HSEQ management system.
- Supervisory skills, manpower management and work distribution able to read and understand technical drawings, and computer literacy.
- ENGINEERING COORDINATOR
To handle a multitude of project coordination tasks and co-ordinates engineering activities across different disciplines in Engineering Department as per project schedule requirements so as to meet project deliverables and goals as well as company objectives.
- Handles a multitude of project coordination tasks and co-ordinates engineering activities across different disciplines in the Engineering Department as per project schedule requirements so as to meet project deliverables and goals.
- Assists various departments to resolve issues on engineering processes, including investigating discrepancies in processes during project execution and recommending resolutions
- Reviews contracts and approves or rejects them along with putting forth cost estimates for each individual engineering project. Where necessary, makes presentations and explain proposals to customers and even negotiate terms with them.
- Maintains liaison with Engineers in order to develop engineering plans and manage submission schedules as appropriate
- Monitors the timelines of each project proposal to ensure timely execution and assists quality assurance teams to ensure the quality of each proposal submission
- Supports Project Team by compiling and distributing documents to all relevant parties timely and updating project schedule and keeping track of changes promptly .
- Arranges and coordinates engineering meetings and records all information passed between the parties.
- Coordinate with engineering support staff and engineers to provide assistance to all programs and monitors all vendor visits.
- Conducts research work on engineering projects, performs analysis, compiles necessary data, ensure data accuracy and generates reports.
- Manages the filing system for every project and ensures that all information is available at all times
- Evaluates less complex designs for subsystem components (involving participating in various design review meetings with engineering department) from various perspective including the perspective of the Operation.
- Bachelor in Engineering would be an advantage. Alternatively, Diploma with strong engineering experience.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in one of the disciplines of engineering in the offshore oil and gas sector. (Preferably 1 FPSO experience in MODEC).
- Ability to communicate and facilitate intra-department and inter-department communication.
- Adequate knowledge of the facilities/systems of FPSO with specific attention to his discipline, and working of all Process, Mechanical, Piping, Structure, Electrical & Telecom, Instrumentation and Marine engineering.
- Adequate knowledge of sequencing of engineering activities
- Adequate knowledge of the types of documents to be generated by each engineering department and inputs required by each engineering department to generate their documents.
- Awareness of class, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of industry standards applicable in incumbent’s discipline.
All applications should be sent to Ghana.email@example.com
Closing date of sending applications: 23rd March, 2018