Comprehensive  Ghana Oil and Gas news, information, updates, analysis


News in Brief

Puma Energy secures $1.55bn from market

pumaPuma Energy has announced the successful closing of its new Revolving Credit Facilities (RCF) totalling US$800m in addition to extending its existing US$750m 3-year facilities.


Facility highlights:

Combined facility amounts oversubscribed and increased to US$ 1.55 billion from US$ 1.25 billion.

• New RCF: US$ 800 million including:

– 3y tranche of US$ 270 million
– 1y tranche of US$ 530 million

• Existing US$750 million 3-year facilities: US$ 635 million (or 85%) were extended by 1-year to 2019. The remaining 15% commitments remain unchanged and will mature in 2018.

Following strong global demand from a range of international banks across six continents, the new RCF was oversubscribed to US$1 billion and the company scaled it back to US$800 million. 35 banks committed to the new RCF. Six new banks joined, including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, DBS Bank Ltd, First Gulf Bank and Agricultural Bank of China Limited, Singapore Branch as Mandated Lead Arrangers.

Denis Chazarain, Chief Financial Officer for Puma Energy said: “For the fifth consecutive year, the market has responded to Puma Energy with clear assurance and we appreciate the strong support for our business model we have received from banks. We are now well positioned with strong liquidity and long-term funding for the next phase in our growth strategy. I look forward to updating you as the business progresses.”

Puma Energy’s Global Head of Corporate Finance and Treasury, Dirk-Jan Vanderbroeck said: “We are very pleased to welcome new quality names into our global bank pool. Importantly, we added a new 3-year facility while extending the vast majority of the existing 3-year tranches, which is in line with our strategy to lengthen our debt maturity profile.”

The deal was led by 10 Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners (Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. (trading as Rabobank London), Emirates NBD Capital Limited, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Europe) S.A., Amsterdam Branch, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited, London Branch, ING Bank N.V., Natixis, Nedbank Limited, London Branch, Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (the Corporate and Investment Banking Division of Société Générale), The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited (acting through its Corporate and Investment Banking Division), UniCredit Bank AG and 2 Senior Mandated Lead Arrangers (Bank of China Limited, Luxembourg Branch and Firstrand Bank Limited (acting through its Rand Merchant Bank Division).

Agricultural Bank of China Limited, Singapore Branch, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, DBS Bank Ltd, First Gulf Bank, Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Union National Bank PJSC, Raiffeisen Bank International AG and The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. acted as Mandated Lead Arrangers.

source: http://classfmonline.com/1.9045199

Profile photo of Editor
Follow Us

Editor

Reporting Oil and Gas project was launched on 4th June 2009atTakoradi, Western Region, Ghana by Penplusbytes (PPB – www.penplusbytes.org) with the vision of providing a one stop online information and knowledge about Ghana’s oil and gas sector
Profile photo of Editor
Follow Us

Latest posts by Editor (see all)

Share this article

Leave a reply

Personality of the Month
  • Prof. Thomas Mba Akabzaa Chief Director of Ministry of Petroleum          …
Follow Us Online
Join the Discussions

Summary: Revenue mobilization from the oil sector for Agricultural production in Ghana, a myth or reality?

Agriculture, once considered the backbone of Ghana’s economy recorded a reduction of its contribution to GDP from 45% in 1992…

Responses Add your response


About Us
Reporting Oil and Gas project was launched on 4th June 2009 at Takoradi, Western Region, Ghana by Penplusbytes (www.penplusbytes.org) with the vision of providing a one stop online information and knowledge about Ghana’s oil and gas sector read more
Events Calendar
<< Aug 2017 >>
MTWTFSS
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Twitter Activity Stream
 

Partners We are proud to be associated with:

Skip to toolbar