Tullow Technical Training Awards increases oil and gas expertise
Sponsorship is now available to eligible candidates to pursue training at the Jubilee Technical Training Centre in Takoradi, funded by Tullow Oil plc.
The Scheme is aligned with Tullow’s aim of supporting long-term socio-economic development in countries where it operates.
The Scheme seeks to build up the human capacity and knowledge base of Ghanaians to participate in the Oil and Gas industry and other allied industries.
The Tullow Technical Training award for Ghanaians to study at the Jubilee Technical Training Centre is to augment the current international scholarships sponsored by Tullow Oil.
The Tullow Technical Training awards will support this agenda by helping to increase the number of people with expertise in oil and gas and other sectors in the countries where Tullow operates. It seeks to meet the skills gap for well-trained technical expertise.
Sponsorship at JTTC will be aimed at increasing accessibility of the scheme to individuals living in the Western Region.
Duration of Training
Each sponsored course will be for a duration of six months
- Process engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
All sponsored courses will be certified to UK NVQ level 2
To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Ghana.
- Must be a resident of the Western Region
- Must have an interest in technical studies for employment
- Must have a minimum of a pass in English Language in the West Africa Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- Ability to communicate and be instructed in English
- Willingness to commit a minimum of 6 months to the training full time.
- Successful candidate must be willing to live in Takoradi for the duration of the course.
The sponsorship award is targeted at graduates from
- Senior High Schools
- Vocational/ Technical Training schools
- Polytechnics with Higher National Diploma or diploma certificates.
- Any other relevant professional qualification
Reporting Oil and Gas project was launched on 4th June 2009atTakoradi, Western Region, Ghana by Penplusbytes (PPB – www.penplusbytes.org) with the vision of providing a one stop online information and knowledge about Ghana’s oil and gas sector
Latest posts by Editor (see all)