ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERINTENDENT NEEDED AT PERSEUS MINING (GHANA) LTD
Perseus Mining Limited is a dual (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility and achieved up to 7.2 Mtpa via few plant upgrades in 2016. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 180,000-220,000oz gold per annum.
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERINTENDENT
Purpose of Role:
The successful candidate would assist in the day-to-day management of the Electrical maintenance functions throughout the site.
- Develop and implement effective electrical and instrumentation standards and procedures;
- Train and develop section employees to uphold the high-performance standard;
- Identify, implement and manage E&I Projects;
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimise unplanned downtimes, anticipate problems timely and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Ensure availability of supplies of parts and materials to meet operational needs;
- Ensure Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to E&I are met at all times:
- Implement and maintain safety, health and environment policies and procedures and ensure to maintain a healthy working environment;
- High Voltage Switchgear, lines maintenance, functional checks & tests;
- Manage all consultants or contractors as required;
- Manage all electrical and instrumentation, documentation: policies, procedures and standards, design and drawings, handover packages as may be required by Legislation and engineering best practice;
- Performs all duties of the Electrical Competent person under the mines and Quarries Act;
- Perform any other related duties based on the exigences of the Edikan Gold Mine operations as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Skills
- Bsc Electrical Engineering:
- At least Ten (10) years’ work experience in instrumentation and process control in the mining or related environment, five of which must have been in Management position;
- Must posses Mineral Commission Competency Certificate to work Electrical Superintendent;
- Current advanced first aid certificate;
- Must have a valid Ghanaian Driving licence;
- High technical ability in problem -solving and failureanalysis capabilities with special emphasis on field instruments, PLC and data control systems;
- Strong ability to manage process plant instrumentation and electrical equipment maintenance;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office, MS Project, and working experience in planned maintenance software packages;
- Sound process plant business acumen and ability to influence main cost drivers to achieve set objectives;
- Formal leadership and management and skill development training;
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations;
- Knowledge of Environment Management Principles;
- Planning and Scheduling formal training:
- Ability to conduct root cause failure analysis.
- Competitive and Attractive
Mode of Application
Applications will only be received by email to email@example.com the advertised job title “Electrical& Instrumentation Superintendent’’ as the subject line of the email.
The closing date for this application is Friday, January 31, 2020.
Persus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunities employer.