POSITION VACANT: SERVICE TECHNICIAN – UNDERGROUND (2X) AT SANDVIK
Sandvik is committed to representativity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunity across all sectors of the population.
POSITION: SERVICE TECHNICIAN – UNDERGROUND (2X)
PURPOSE OF JOB
Carry out general mechanical and electrical duties including maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik Mining and Construction heavy-duty trackless equipment.
- Perform electrical maintenance or mechanical maintenance as a directed to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation;
- Responsible for safe work environment by contributing to Job Safety analysis, engineering technical standards, facility standards, and work practices;
- Knowledge in air-condition repairs and faults finding will be an advantage.
- Perform repair and fault finding using hydraulic and electric schematics.
- Work towards achieving set KPI’s;
- Adhere to all Sandvik Mining & Construction policies & procedure, especially the SHEQ policies.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- First Degree/HND or technical qualification in a mechanical or electrical discipline with experience in heavy -duty trackless equipment.
- Knowledge of Sandvik underground drills, truck and loaders will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-discipline team.
- Some level of computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to work underground
- Drivers’ license C and E
- Position Requirement
- Successful applicants will be required to work at SMC sites in Ghana and other West African countries
Closing Date June 18, 2019
Suitable applicants can send their CV’s marked “Serviced Technician’’ by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org