UNIT MANAGER – TAILING NEEDED AT ABOSSO GOLDFIELDS GHANA LIMITED – DAMANG, GHANA
POSITION: UNIT MANAGER – TAILING
OFFER TYPE: FIXED TERM CONTRACT (2 YEARS)
Abosso Goldfields Limited seeks to employ an experienced and suitably qualified individual for the position of Unit Manager – Tailings. Reporting to the Metallurgy Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the development of LOM tailings strategic plan and the maintenance of best practice tailings and deposition and management systems.
As an Engineer of records, he/she will additionally provide design continuity and technical support with respect to dam safety ovder the life of the TSFnin accordance with best practices and GoldFields’ standards.
- Provide safe technical guidance on the development and management of the TSFs in accordance to the applicable regulatory environment, TSF design codes, and the Gold Fields Group Tailings Management Guidelines.
- Prepare design specifications, scope of works and schedules for construction
- Ensure the design, construction and performance of the TSF are in compliance with the best practice and applicable regulations, statues and codes of the TSF life-cycle.
- Review and advice in relation to the operation’s maintenance and surveillance program, key TSF performance metric, water balance and tailings deposition plans
- Assist in the development of an effective emergency preparedness and response plan
- Provide regular updates on the risk profile created by the TSF, including input when modifications are considered for the dam
- Prepare periodic report on the performance and development of the TSF.
- BSc in Civil, Geotechnical Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 8 years relevant engineering experience related to TSF design, construction and operations
- Excellent understanding of surface mining operations and applicable mining standards and legislation
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with a consultative approach to problem solving and delivering operation targets
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills as well as an ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license
Interested parties hould submit detailed curriculum vitae to: https//career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobld=43561&company=COOO8741144P&username=
The Vice President & Head of Human Resources, West Africa Region
P. O. Box 208, Tarkwa.
Closing Date: 14thAugust, 2018
NOTE: Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.