VACANCY AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (GH.) LTD
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase, which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as:
SENIOR CONTRACTS ENGINEER
To implement and improve a commercial framework to translate mine plans and budgets into operational plans in an annual, quarterly and monthly basis.
- Establish the necessary contracts processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal contracts planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Contracts cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Contracts function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and provide an example to improve the Culture across own Contracts team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Contracts team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- BSc Mining or equivalent Engineering degree,
- Mine Captain Certificate of competency or equivalent,
- Two to Three years proven experience in an underground Mining Operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suit is required
- Knowledge in SAP application software will an added advantage
Strong knowledge in contract management practices and demonstrate ability in managing operational mining contracts.
Understand AGA project management standards or other standards and has applied knowledge in similar projects
- Mining Production / Development Processes and Practices
- Understand key underground mining processes and practices and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising cost and general performance.
- Able to use the knowledge to track and monitor Contractor’s cost.
- Financial interpretation and data interpretation/analyses
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Skills in Business improvement and managing change
- Strategic exposure to business will be an added advantage
- Creating disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
- Building trust & accountability — displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Maximising performance & achievement of results — solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results.
- An assertive goal-orientated self-starter with good interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to pay attention to details
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Ghanaians should view the full adverts details on the company’s career page address below and submit applications, with detailed CV, online:
CLOSING DATE: MAY 01, 2019